Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day, I was driving my car last night and it was driving fine. All of a sudden in 2nd gear it starts jerking back and forth while accelerating, and my engine light started blinking. I thought it was my transmission oil and checked and it was running pretty low. So I refilled it and thought maybe that would of fixed the problem. But coming back from work it started jerking in 1st gear and 2nd gear then going back to normal.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Right now, I'm thinking maybe misfire? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
Sounds like misfiring to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep.. Took it to my local Autozone to get the Engine Light Code: PO303
Which means Cylinder 3 misfire detected :shakehead:

Is there a way for me to find the exact problem like spark plugs, coils, or fuel injectors?
Or do I have to bring it in the shop and let them open it up to see?

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
I'd just replace the plugs and start there. Then move the injector to a different cylinder and see if it moves. If not try the coil see if it moves.

I'd really try not to drive it. Misfiring like that can ruin your engine, and your day. Good luck man.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replaced the Sparkplugs and now my car runs like a beauty, no more misfires :drive2:

·
Super Moderator
10,883 Posts
I'm glad you got the coil ironed out. Remember don't be stressed working on your car. Take your time. Guide fasteners in finger tight to start, then torque down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts