ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated in the Title, My 02' Just hit 200K. I know there are some things I should do Maintenance wise to it to keep it healthy. I'm just wondering what I should look into getting done, besides the timing belt.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What has been changed recently? Are your shocks still stock? Bushings could use a replacement by now. All the other normal maintenance items if they have not been performed. Good job getting to 200k. You must be doing something right.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Congrats on the 200k benchmark!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Wow! have you ever had the turbo replaced? I dont think I have ever seen a 200,000 mile WRX with a stock original turbo. As mentioned though that is alot of miles for a boosted car. keep up on the oil changes and the routine maintenance. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah everything is stock except for the cold air intake and i think the shocks and struts too were replaced. Just got an AP for it just to see what stage 1 was like and thinking about moving into stage 2 real soon. everything mechanically has been kept up to date. what size turbo should i be looking into getting? I hear that these cars can last a while if you take care of the engine that is.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Well when you start increasing power, you're going to start knocking down the longevity of an engine...especially one that has lived a many miled life already.

I'd get a compression test done before you start thinking about Stage 2.

I would stick with a stock TD04 to be honest.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Modifying a 200k engine is like asking a 90 year old man to run a marathon. Just let it live out the rest of its days in peace.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts