Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after owning my 2018 Wrx I’m beginning to notice how underwhelming it sounds, I’d like to go with a cat back exhaust to avoid voiding my warranty, I have been doing tons of research on the invidia r400. there are SO many videos of people who have them. However subie speed just got ahold of a MXP exhaust for my wrx. (I’ve only seen them on brzs) after watching the video it’s got me second guessing myself. I want loud. But there is a thin line between that deep rumble and that Honda Civic that got sponsored by uncle bens. Anyone have the R400? Let me know how the sound is? Or does anyone know anything about the MXP? Please help!

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,755 Posts
Before you listen to opinions go hear them in person. Find a subaru club or something you can go hang with. The Fa20f in the new WRX has equal length headers so you don't have the rumble of an STI or older wrx.

· Registered
27 Posts
If you want LOUD, the R400 might not be for you. I have one on my 18' WRX, and you only get a good rumble at cold start, when you really get on it, or if you couple it with a non-resonated j-pipe. Otherwise, it's pretty tame. I've heard the Nameless Muffler Delete has a pretty aggressive tone; some even say its too loud. That may be what you're after. It's also substantially cheaper than an R400.

· Registered
304 Posts
I've got the R400 as well, I personally don't hear drone, around 2700-3300 RPM is where sweet spot is as far as the sound goes for me, but overall the exhaust sounds very nice, no rasp just a deep tone. My dad who's got a Mustang GT couldn't shut up about how good the car sounds.

Listening to the MXP from SubiSpeed, it's going to be louder but it's also going to be a raspy tone, not as deep as the R400. Basically choosing between volume and tone.. Volume is MXP hands down, tone is a personal choice but I'd go for the R400 still after hearing the MXP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.