Subaru WRX Forum banner

Do you want Heated/Signal Mirrors for your WRX?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you like to have a set of these for your WRX?

I have noticed more than a few requests for heated mirrors for the American spec WRX. While the Canadians have them standard on there WRX's we here in the states are left out in the cold, literally, with no rearview. The company that makes the mirror in the image in Muth Mirror Systems. As you can see they not only offer heated mirrors but they also intergrate a turn signal into them for added lane change safety. This is also something that 2002 US spec WRX's have been neglected. I'm talking about a side turn signal marker that used to be standard on all Impreza's.

I feel that if our community can persuade Muth to manufacture a Heated/Signal Mirror kit for the WRX, this would be an excellent addition to the list of aftermarket items available. Imagine, not only can you benefit from heated sideview mirrors (and all of us, especialy in the northern states, know how long it takes to get the mirrors clear on a cold day), but you can have the added safety of side marker lights w/o having to drill any holes into your body. In the end it would make a very professional looking, functional addition.
I for one would definately like to have this product available and am willing to take the lead in initiating a group buy. But first I need to know that support will be given from the community. So the first thing I would like to know from everyone is whether or not they want this product. I don't know how many orders must be promised, but I would at least like to be able to give Muth a list of people who want their product. So please post whether or not you want these mirrors here, and I'll handle the rest. Prices that I've seen for other vehicles are around $300. I have no idea if any dicounts can be negotiated yet, but I will try. This is not a long shot either because they already make a kit for the Forester.

Please vote.
http://www.kwmuth.com/

Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, that will not provide the heated mirror function. The signal is more of a bonus. The heated feature is what we really need.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Can I replace my heated factory mirrors with non-heated Signal® Mirrors?

Yes. For any specific vehicle, our non-heated Signal® Mirror kits are the same size and shape as our heated Signal® Mirror kits, except there is no heater element on the back. Simply leave the factory heater wires disconnected and sealed in tape to prevent a short.

The other catch
NOTE: The Wide Angle Signal® Mirror is not recommended for vehicles equipped with a multiplex wiring system or side-impact airbags. Call your local dealer if you are unsure how your vehicle is wired or if you have side-impact airbags

·
Registered
13 Posts
only a few things

One of the few things i do miss about my corrado was the heated mirrors . that was nice and the first frosty morning i went out and was wondering what the deal was with the frost on my mirrors. Amazing what you take for granted.
I would think they are worth $300.00 for a pair , In Canadian dollars that is :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.