Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
skullguy said:
Not to flame you guy, but I am having a hard time believing you beat a Cobb stg 2..let alone the Roush, with your mods.... :rolleyes:

but anything can happen :wiggles:
No it's cool, I understand it may be hard to believe, but it is true. My friend has a cobb stage 2 and I've beat it twice (he's now stg. 25 and I have no chance).

·
Registered
575 Posts
04wrx4keeps said:
You have to watch out too, because theres a lot of imposters out there. I've run into 2 different 01+ bodystyle "Saleen" mustangs this summer and couldnt get a chance to race either. Later I found out from a few different friends that both of them are confirmed fakes. All you have to do is buy the bodykit and decals, and I personally know 2 different mustangs that have aftermarket sidepipe exhaust systems. So the one you raced 'could' have been a modded GT playing "dress up". Although as many people have already said, their are stages available for them, and one of the non-SC models probably would go down to a WRX w/ an up/dp/mbc combo, so good run.

I still want to run one of these "saleens" around and see what its got though, especially since the drivers of both act really cocky whenever they drive past me (revving and giving me stares and whatnot), we've just never gotten a chance to line up, should be a fun surprise for them as I look pretty stock (other than the exhaust) from the outside....

on kindof a side note....anyone familiar with the 4.6L know what the max you can reallistically get out of one all motor? I know I've never seen much faster at the track than low 13's without FI or NOS, so im guessing 350-450hp? any input?
IT depends on teh mods but with a roots sc, 4.6 is hard to get over 400 whp. even with a kennybell swin screw, just over 400 rwhp is very good (most are about 410 with the tune they send with the kb kit). Tuners have told me that 380 with a roots sc is very good. With a centrif sc (vortec....), iv seeen low 400 (430ish) whp but that is realy pushing the limits of the stock 4.6 gt (2v) engine. the svt is different story. The major issues with mustang is the trany's. They suck imo. Just never ablt to handle the power. i had a complet moser drivtran and the trany was the week point.
as far as 1/4 mile times go, imo it is all about launching/traction! get some 335's drag radials and know how to launch correctly and a 400whp stang could be in the 11's :D

oh, they are called "convertions" not imposters. there are alot of them. they have no roush srial number but are basicaly the same.
if i were to do it again, i would get a 2005 stage 1 roush that has been fitted with a vortec from the dealer. they are getting 440 whp out of them, you got the awesome looks of the roush body kit/s1 and the power of sc without the impracticle drivability of the real stage 3.

·
Registered
520 Posts
rpfride said:
IT depends on teh mods but with a roots sc, 4.6 is hard to get over 400 whp. even with a kennybell swin screw, just over 400 rwhp is very good (most are about 410 with the tune they send with the kb kit). Tuners have told me that 380 with a roots sc is very good. With a centrif sc (vortec....), iv seeen low 400 (430ish) whp but that is realy pushing the limits of the stock 4.6 gt (2v) engine. the svt is different story. The major issues with mustang is the trany's. They suck imo. Just never ablt to handle the power. i had a complet moser drivtran and the trany was the week point.
as far as 1/4 mile times go, imo it is all about launching/traction! get some 335's drag radials and know how to launch correctly and a 400whp stang could be in the 11's :D

I meant all motor, but thanks for the input. If its hard to get one of these things SC into the 400hp area, than it would sound right to me to assume that all motor numbers are usually more in the 300hp area? I'm wondering because I know a few ppl who like talking smack and neither have any forced induction or nitrous, but claim crazy hp numbers and track times that just dont sound right (like a bolted on 96 that might have a very light cam (you cant hear it at all) who claims to run 12's with like 400hp, but yet has never been seen at the track, and never agrees to go to the track to race). Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
i spoke with the guy at work that had the 2005 Roush and he said it was stage 1...just a looks thing and a stock GT under the hood..except for an intake or something that ford claims an extra 10 hp over the GT.

stage 3 (supercharged) for the 2005 models was not out when he bought his and says that he doesnt think it is available in the new style yet even now.

stage 2 adds suspension mods as mentioned earlier in thread...

325 hp = the reason he got rid of it

·
Registered
408 Posts
He was talking about roots blowers. With centrifugals, its quite easy to get 400-450 at the wheels.

I watched the "HP limit" with the modular GTs go up by about 100 whp over the past 5 years. It used to be 350 was the limit. Then it was 380,...400,...420, now its around 450.
It reason for this is a combination of tuners figuring out their sh!t, and the dual cobra fuel pumps which came out that helped to overcome the infamous returnless fuel system problems.

BTW rpfride, I consider the Ford drivetrains pretty tough. My stang has over 100 11sec passes with the stock T45 tranny. That's pretty good, if you ask me. I know the drivetrain in my Evo or WRX would never withstand that abuse, that's why I rarely drag race them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i also live in williamsport and my buddy blizwinter also from williamsport who is stage 2.5 Cobb Vf34 raced One the other day and destroyed it most likely the same one and also it was a V8 i didn't have time to reat everyones post but it was deff a V8 that got OWNED!

·
Registered
575 Posts
TonyG said:
He was talking about roots blowers. With centrifugals, its quite easy to get 400-450 at the wheels.

I watched the "HP limit" with the modular GTs go up by about 100 whp over the past 5 years. It used to be 350 was the limit. Then it was 380,...400,...420, now its around 450.
It reason for this is a combination of tuners figuring out their sh!t, and the dual cobra fuel pumps which came out that helped to overcome the infamous returnless fuel system problems.

BTW rpfride, I consider the Ford drivetrains pretty tough. My stang has over 100 11sec passes with the stock T45 tranny. That's pretty good, if you ask me. I know the drivetrain in my Evo or WRX would never withstand that abuse, that's why I rarely drag race them.
^^ exactly^^!!

yep, youre stang is the first i think of when these post's come up. Great numbers.

I think i just beat my trany up to much so it was starting to give me problems. but i also know alot are holding up very well and afew svt guys with 500+whp having troubles with there 6speeds :confused1 .
I know the roush S3 is not out yet but there are many dealers that are equiping S1 roush's with vortec's or paxton and getting great results. Thats the way i would go if i got another mustang, or wait for the new Cobra :wiggles: . But awd>rwd. Im going to ac this weekend for a bachelor party, gamble alittle and hit big. Then ill be driving home in a new c6 vett :rotfl: . I like to dream.

·
Registered
473 Posts
rpfride said:

oh, they are called "convertions" not imposters. there are alot of them. they have no roush srial number but are basicaly the same.
if i were to do it again, i would get a 2005 stage 1 roush that has been fitted with a vortec from the dealer. they are getting 440 whp out of them, you got the awesome looks of the roush body kit/s1 and the power of sc without the impracticle drivability of the real stage 3.
I hope that smiley means you are joking. Otherwise that is the most uninformed post I have seen in a while. I have just an intake, catback, pulley swap and tune on my 4.6L eaton (roots type) S/C'd Cobra and I have 466 rwhp, for just $1800 and it should have been much cheaper but that is another story. If I add a 100 shot of nitrous, I will be over 600/600 at the wheels.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Slick:6:STi said:
I hope that smiley means you are joking. Otherwise that is the most uninformed post I have seen in a while. I have just an intake, catback, pulley swap and tune on my 4.6L eaton (roots type) S/C'd Cobra and I have 466 rwhp, for just $1800 and it should have been much cheaper but that is another story. If I add a 100 shot of nitrous, I will be over 600/600 at the wheels.
you have an svt my friend. In my post i stated the svt does not apply. the 4v heads , and others goodies, make the svt with a roots ALOT better flowing. And the kb will be even better yet.

·
Registered
473 Posts
rpfride said:
you have an svt my friend. In my post i stated the svt does not apply. the 4v heads , and others goodies, make the svt with a roots ALOT better flowing. And the kb will be even better yet.
You were talking about the 4.6L, that is all I looked for. but anyways, the Saleen 281 E has well over 400 at the wheels which uses the GT block.

·
Registered
336 Posts
on kindof a side note....anyone familiar with the 4.6L know what the max you can reallistically get out of one all motor? I know I've never seen much faster at the track than low 13's without FI or NOS, so im guessing 350-450hp? any input?
I am not an expert by any means. But it depends on what version of the 4.6 you have. The 03-04 Cobras are cast iron blocks, so they can get quite a bit more, the older Cobras and GTs are Aluminum and are a little weaker, (but can still get a decent amount).

The 05's are suprisingly quick over the older GTs. There are already folks running under 14 stock, and lightly modded, (including gears) under 13. I think it has a LOT to do with the driver, (I know I would have trouble getting there myself, and the Vert is only a tenth slower stock than the coup)...

edit: seems there was a second page... I should pay more attention... :confused1

·
Registered
1 Posts
well i have an 03 stage 1 roush and i'm looking at wrx's my self but my stage 1 with an x-pipe and udp's ran 13.8 at the track....not sure what you could run or if you've been to the track but a stock wrx runs mid to low 14's if i'm not mistaken...just my input

·
Registered
520 Posts
8smitty said:
well i have an 03 stage 1 roush and i'm looking at wrx's my self but my stage 1 with an x-pipe and udp's ran 13.8 at the track....not sure what you could run or if you've been to the track but a stock wrx runs mid to low 14's if i'm not mistaken...just my input
He has an uppipe, downpipe, and mbc, so hes a little faster than stock, probably like 210-220whp area. Depending on how crazy he is with the boost he could probably be in the mid to high 13's around 98-100mph, especially if hes totaly catless.

·
Registered
9 Posts

If you can afford it get the Mustang, only a mustang, the gt500. Otherwise don't waste your time. There are plenty of places that can mod your car that will smoke it. How much money do you want to spend? I will say a 600 whp wrx/ Sti will still beat a Mustang on a road course. Everyone has to accept, the WRX is a rally car, not a drag car.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,128 Posts
I wonder how many people from this FIFTEEN YEAR OLD thread have since retired and received their pensions.

This thread was rubbish when new and it's not gotten more cerebral with age either.

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
I wonder how many people from this FIFTEEN YEAR OLD thread have since retired and received their pensions.

This thread was rubbish when new and it's not gotten more cerebral with age either.
He joined to make this post. So he probably just bought a mustang, googled some stuff to try and justify his purchase then finally wound up here.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Easy sweetheart, get out if you supposedly don't care.
Obviously you do. Also it's called bullshit, not rubbish ya English prick.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.