Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He killed me by 6 car lengths. My friend just bought a mercedes C32 AMG. Damn, I have a lot of work in front of me..

·
895 Posts
one of those things clobbered my on the highway - i followed him onto the onramp, then he just let loose and we were off - he didnt really beat me, we were just the same distance apart the whole time, so he didnt actually kill me, but he sure as hell kept me from passing him ;) i wanna take one of those things on again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Penguinking said:
one of those things clobbered my on the highway - i followed him onto the onramp, then he just let loose and we were off - he didnt really beat me, we were just the same distance apart the whole time, so he didnt actually kill me, but he sure as hell kept me from passing him ;) i wanna take one of those things on again
Probably, all he was trying to do was just stop you from getting in front of him. Those cars are freaking fast for a sedan. Check out this website www.c32life.com. One magazine got it to do a 4.5sec 0-60 and a 13.0 1/4! Sheesh...But, they not cheap either. The dang SLK32 has same hp/tq numbers and even weighs 300lbs less...

Ppower

·
895 Posts
jk147 said:
Dude, 348 HP on a V6 superchaged engine. What do you expect?
well, the car weighs a ton, so that would change things...plus, its a mercedes, so that means its an automatic, since practially all MB's are like that. and, i have the stage zero kit on my car, so i would've expected a pretty damn close race, which it was. too many cars for either of us to pull far ahead, so it was fairly contained <90mph.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Penguinking said:

well, the car weighs a ton, so that would change things...plus, its a mercedes, so that means its an automatic, since practially all MB's are like that. and, i have the stage zero kit on my car, so i would've expected a pretty damn close race, which it was. too many cars for either of us to pull far ahead, so it was fairly contained <90mph.
Being an automatic doesn't automatically mean they are going to be slow. Buick Grand nationals where automatics and they are no where near slow. :)

Ppower

·
895 Posts
Ppower said:

Being an automatic doesn't automatically mean they are going to be slow. Buick Grand nationals where automatics and they are no where near slow. :)

Ppower
absolutely! but it just makes me so angry that mercedes doens't give their performance cars a manual trans option. even though the autos are fast as hell as it is, a 5-6 spd would be alot more fun to play w/, and a bit faster. (auto trans are just not as good when it comes to racing)
and if u read the article on the kleeman SC in automobile mag (or was it car &driver?), they talked about how the c32 has awkward shifting points, and how the manumatic is very sluggish and slow reacting in its shifts.

plus since i'm driving a Vishnu 5spd WRX, i think i'm all that and can whup the sh#t out of any car ;) ...oh wait no, i just got beat by a c32..uh oh! better start adding mods:D

·
895 Posts
jk147 said:
Get a BMW if you want luxury performance. :D
yeah right! if i traded in my wrx i could walk out of the bimmer dealership w/ maybe half a car lol - those things cost so much!

·
Registered
112 Posts
a guy I know who owns a 10 second Supra also drives a AMG C32... completely stock and in automatic form he ran a 13.08 @ 111mph.....next he's slappin' on some drag radials!!!

Now thats cookin!!

def

·
895 Posts
dug-e-fresh said:
a guy I know who owns a 10 second Supra also drives a AMG C32... completely stock and in automatic form he ran a 13.08 @ 111mph.....next he's slappin' on some drag radials!!!

Now thats cookin!!

def
yikes!

a 10 sec supra AND a flat 13 sec C32?

......and i'm sitting far off over in the corner of the room, my little 14 sec wrx :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
yeah and he owns his own single family home with a 2 car garage where he keeps the Supra and the AMG, and outside sits his work van that he OWNs... he's single... and I think hes in his early 30s (30-35).. and guess what he does?

He works for Rotor-Rooter!! I wanna be a plumber!!

def

·
Registered
249 Posts
jk147 said:
Get a BMW if you want luxury performance. :D
HELL YEAH!!

I'll take an E46 M3 (Laguna Seca Blue, the only color I like more than my WR Blue :) ) over a C32 any day. Motor Trend tested every AMG model Mercedes against every M Bimmer and the Bimmers won every time despite their lower prices.

You gotta admit, the white propeller on the blue sky is pretty cool!

C32 has some impressive 1/4 mile times for an auto, but I guess that kinda comes with the 349hp :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
dug-e-fresh said:
He works for Rotor-Rooter!! I wanna be a plumber!!

def
Roto-Rooter that's the name. See you troubles and my money, go down the drain!...

·
895 Posts
Schaf100 said:

HELL YEAH!!

I'll take an E46 M3 (Laguna Seca Blue, the only color I like more than my WR Blue :) ) over a C32 any day. Motor Trend tested every AMG model Mercedes against every M Bimmer and the Bimmers won every time despite their lower prices.

You gotta admit, the white propeller on the blue sky is pretty cool!

C32 has some impressive 1/4 mile times for an auto, but I guess that kinda comes with the 349hp :)

look over there!

::robert turns and runs away, presumably to the bmw dealership:: :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
M3 is such a great performance car.
On the other hand, I don't consider C32 AMG to be a performance car at all. Sure it is super fast, but it doesn't have the overall package of a M3. Not to mention it comes in auto only. If it has some type of clutchless manual-automatic like BMW SMG, I might consider that as a sports car. But now, it is just a powerful sedan.

·
895 Posts
i forget too which issue that was, but i do remember reading that article...such a shame how the AMG benz's don't perform as well as the M's.

to me though, benz's are more the luxury performance sedan type (no friggin manual trans, for cryin out loud!) and when was the last time you saw a mercedes club out for a track day?...ok i bet someone will say they have, but its miniscule in comparison to the number and size of BMW's out on the track.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was 3 months ago, but I don't have it anymore. On the cover it was something like "M vs AMG, Ultimate Comparison."

It tested:
M3 vs CLK 55
M5 vs E55
M-Roadster vs SLK 32
4.6is vs ML 55

Really great tests, and the Bimmers edged it out each and every time, which I'm happy about because I have 2 BMWS and a Porsche in my family right now, each one better than the next :) (328ic, 740i, 996 Cabriolet)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Last night I was out and met up with some friends... while standing around a few guys I know drove up... 2- 2001 Z28s, 1- WRX and also witht them was a new guy.... driving a 2002 M3.... mmmm M3....

Beautiful car that M3... silver... black leather, dual exhaust... I thought to myself... man I'd love to race that baby!! What a run that would be!

But that was not to happen.... he started the car to let me hear... the thing had a horrible valve or rod tap!! It only had 8000 mile on it! Man did it sound bad.... I am not sure if the problem was a function of driver abuse/error or poor quality... but either way, I felt bad to hear such a machine sound sooo sick.

The guys friends in the Camaros said that he wanted to trade it on an M5! Must be nice.... see his parents are filthy rich and are giving him up to $75,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to buy a car with!!!! That is soooo sick!!! His friends were trying to talk him into a Viper or a z06.... but he wanted the M5..... oh well.... not all that much of a bad choice... could you imagine being 19 and having to make that descision?

WOW!

def

1 - 20 of 39 Posts