Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been buying parts over the last few months and now am starting to install them all on my 19 WRX.

TurboXS Catted J-Pipe, TurboXS BOV, Grimmspeed EBSC, Grimmspeed Intake, Perrin TGV Deletes.

Has anyone installed multiple upgrades at once? My biggest issue is because of all these upgrades, until I can get my AP mapped I can not start or run the car to see if there are any issues.

Also anyone have any recommendations on ProTune vs Brentune? I am under the impression Bren is going to do the same thing as a Pro Tuner only difference is I have to do the driving.

Thanks!

·
BooSTIng
2,317 Posts
Ditch the BOV unless it is a full recirculating version, even still, it is a complete waste of money that could have been better spent elsewhere. Other wise it is looking decent, and a protune is always the best and safest option.

·
Æternum
16,078 Posts
I wouldn't road tune at all, there is nowhere in the United States you can safely and legally do what's required
I used to do my own road tuning, and honestly this is 100% correct.

In order to hit the necessary load cells for quality road tuning, you will need redline pulls in 4th gear. It's just not safe.

Ditto on the BOV -- ditch it. It is a pointless modification that will only serve to announce you as a Ricer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! The BOV was a give away I won. It is the Hybrid 50/50. But you are correct.
I have been looking around for tuners, downfall is some are booking so far out so I can’t just start it and ensure it’s clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts