Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My route into Impreza ownership is rallying. I grew up following the exploits of Colin McRae, Richard Burns and Petter Solberg. I’ve also done a bit of rallying myself, albeit in a Peugeot 205. So with all that in mind, I’m thinking of getting some red, rally-style mudflaps for my WRX wagon. Apart from thinking that they’ll look good, especially with the classic WR blue and gold set-up, the main reason is that I don’t like how the rear of my wagon currently looks. The problem is the rear skirt and how, to my eyes at least, it makes the car look top-heavy. It’s fine from the side but the bottom of the skirt flares out a bit, making the wheels look small. Perhaps these pics will show you what I mean, the third one in particular:-
Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Of course, I could install some wheel spacers or even get some wider wheels but I’m happy with my current set-up and don’t want to change things there. Hence the idea of mudflaps. Below is a pic of another wagon with a similar set up but as always, I'd be grateful for any comments or thoughts! Thanks in advance! :)
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
12,618 Posts
Get them. Visual mods are a personal thing and yes, both rally armor and rockblox or whatever are good quality and protect from chils

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mudflaps arrived yesterday! (y)

If I have the time, I'll fit them this weekend. In any case, I'll post up some pics when they're on.
Rectangle Red Font Automotive exterior Plastic

Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Rectangle Font Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts