Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any nice mudflaps that don't cost a fortune?
I really do like the rally style ones that come in colors but I can't see paying $100 plus dollars for them. Thanks for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
I check the price of the oem for the 2.5 and they said the rear will
fit but the front won't and it cost 100 bucks. How can it be so
expensive for a dam* mudguard :mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
785 Posts
What are the Fastline Mudflaps made from? I'm picking up my car with custom urethane ones used for rally. They stick out about 1.5-2" from the car and need drilling to mount(more bolts) and for those you don't mind puncturing a hole in the side of the car...you can get a L hinge to support the flap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
schischwein said:
What are the Fastline Mudflaps made from? I'm picking up my car with custom urethane ones used for rally. They stick out about 1.5-2" from the car and need drilling to mount(more bolts) and for those you don't mind puncturing a hole in the side of the car...you can get a L hinge to support the flap.
Specifically I dont know, but they are very stiff yet flexible when they need to be......contact him on www.i-club.com or his website.

I like them! I have a small pic of the rear of my car that has them in view perhaps that might help otherwise I can take some more pics



Michael
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
785 Posts
Hehehe....nice turbo back(or just catback) you've got there......
I guess the mudflaps are molded rubber or laminated rubber. Urethane is actually quite soft(but won't break on you in a rally-ie when going over bumps and having gravel beat at them for miles and miles, kilometers and kilometers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
schischwein said:
Hehehe....nice turbo back(or just catback) you've got there......
I guess the mudflaps are molded rubber or laminated rubber. Urethane is actually quite soft(but won't break on you in a rally-ie when going over bumps and having gravel beat at them for miles and miles, kilometers and kilometers.
Just axelback actually....trying to sell it too...only about 100miles on it.

The flaps are flexible when they need to be and they dont crease or break or anything. I can't liken them to anything off the top of my head.....Anyway goodluck with your mudflap search

Michael
:)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
WRXrumble said:
I check the price of the oem for the 2.5 and they said the rear will
fit but the front won't and it cost 100 bucks. How can it be so
expensive for a dam* mudguard :mad:
Why won't they fit up front? Are there no mounting holes... couldn't you just drill some? Or is the body shape different? I want mudflaps but not the huge rally ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Just spend the money and get a set of Prodrive mudflaps from the UK. I have a set and they fit and look very good.

Jeremy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I bought the mudflpas from Jim Childs in the UK. They only took a week to get to me. If you really want them, give Jim a call . His number 01144 208 394 2263 and you can call him til around 1:00 Pm EST. His has great service and prices and will even send you a Prodrive and STI catalog.

Jeremy Land
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Anyone find a place in the States to order the Prodrive ones on-line?
hello vendors, are you listening?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
785 Posts
Of course, for the above said Prodrive mudflaps(well they aren't really flaps though)........you won't be rallying with them.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top