Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MTV "Fast Enough" tryouts

Hey everyone. I (along with some other RSX and Subaru people) are heading to this on Saturday the 21st. Anyone else interested in going? We'll most likely be leaving very early... like 6-7am from the Northern VA area.

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Time's running out. =) Looks like we have a group of about 16 cars going down. Feel free to join in... let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
where is this happening?

·
980 Posts
looks cool, but if i won, id trade it in for a nice 4-day classes @ Tim O' Neills School in NH.

-c

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
markmiller said:
where is this happening?
We're going to the one in Richmond VA on the 21st

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, here's the plan.

Meet at 6am at Springfield Mall (in Springfield, VA) on the top of the Macy's parking lot.

From there we'll caravan down to Richmond.

PM if you want my cell # to call if you're running late or if you're lost trying to find the mall.

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, here's my last reminder. :D

6am tomorrow morning at Springfield Mall in VA, we're driving to Richmond for the MTV "Fast Enuff" tryouts.

PM me for my cell# if you want it to help you if you get lost or are running late. Later!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hey, don't forget to let us know how it went (and unstick this thread). Was MTV encouraging street racing like I hear they've been doing lately?

·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Bask Oner said:
Hey, don't forget to let us know how it went (and unstick this thread). Was MTV encouraging street racing like I hear they've been doing lately?
It was alright. We got to drive the Neons around a little track. It was fun. Not amzing by any means, but a cool event to do once in a lifetime. We had 4 cars go down (2 WRX's and 2 RSX's). There were about 300+ people that were there in the morning. Everyone that went with us passed the driving test portion. But by no means does that mean everyone else passed. Only about 60 passed. We went onto the interview process, but none of us were chosen to move on to the second interview.

We met some new people while down there and grabbed lunch before heading home. All in all it took us just under 4 hours from start to finish.

I didn't get any pictures since we weren't allowed to bring a camera in, unfortunately.

And they weren't promoting street racing in anyway as far as I could tell. They did ask how fast you have driven a car, but didn't specify on a track or on street. Other than that there was no mention of driving over the speed limit or racing, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts