ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2008 WRX for sale near me with 38,000 miles listed for $24,000. So I emailed the dealership, explaining I was confused, since in 2008 I had purchased a WRX with 7,000 miles on it for $20,000 and had been told if I traded it now they would give me around $13,000 for it. They claimed the car they had was in excellent condition, etc, and that even KBB had it all wrong. KBB suggested around $21K for the car.

Here's the thing: the MSRP for the 2012 WRX is around $26,000. What wingnut would spend $24,000 for a car with almost 40,000 miles on it that was 4 years old when they could have a brand new one for $40 more a month in car payments?

Also, what is the new WRX selling for? I can't find any ads listing the actual price for the dealerships. They all say to call or email. I looked on cars.com and most of the WRX, NOT the STi's, just the regualr WRX's are selling for between $32,000 and $38,000 which seems crazy to me. At that level I'd just get a G37, or maybe a C250 or C300 or something along those lines. I'm guessing the current model was under produced and wildly popular or something. Is it possible to get the new one at the MSRP?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got mine for $500 over invoice which was $29,225 after a shirt throw shifter and SPT exhaust package. 2012 PBP 5dr WRX. Tax, warranties, etc it was around $32,000

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get why the cars sell for so much, resell for so much, but get really bad trade in value. I mean they have an 08 listed for $24,000 but mine's only worth $13,000 for trade? So they take the car and mark it up 90%? That's crazy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That all sounds like pretty standard stuff from the dealership- they will always try to rip you off on whatever you may be trading in, that's how they make money. I noticed the same exact thing with used WRX prices at the dealership, I initially wanted a used '09, but after looking around for months I just ordered a 2011 base with a few options for $25,300. You can definitely order a new one for around invoice price (plus financing is much cheaper on new), and you are always better off selling your car privately, although that can be a pain as well. I sold my '02 on my own, and it's a long story but I wish I had just traded it in after all was said and done.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I looked on cars.com and most of the WRX, NOT the STi's, just the regualr WRX's are selling for between $32,000 and $38,000 which seems crazy to me.
Where on Earth did you see a "regular" WRX advertised for $38,000?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I don't get why the cars sell for so much, resell for so much, but get really bad trade in value. I mean they have an 08 listed for $24,000 but mine's only worth $13,000 for trade? So they take the car and mark it up 90%? That's crazy.
It's a supply and demand thing.................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts