ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone intsalled any MRT aftermarket parts, or any Go Fast Bits parts? Any opinions on them?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I've heard the single-outlet catback exhaust and I'm in love. It's not big, and it's quiet (but oh so mean sounding). I'll be driving my dealer's MRT demo WRX on the 20th. It has CAI, a bigger intercooler, and the MRT catback. I can give it a review here after then.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the MRT turbo-back, TMIC, and CAI.
The exhaust is really sweet sounding, not to loud but has a very nice rumble to it. I haven't had any problems at all with any of the MRT parts, i'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I read "Training WRX" and am impressed with the "Australian approach" to modifying the WRX. I'm getting a MRT top-mount intercooler and an MRT downpipe- already have the Tanabe cat-back. I'm wondering about their EBCs modules. Any feedback. Also, the manual I read seems to discount up pipes and chips. Has anyone alse read this?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm not sure where reston is but if you really want to check out MRT parts i got mine from Westminster speed and sound
the owner has a wrx pretty extensively modded with mrt parts. if you want email or call him he will probably set up an appointment and take you for a spin.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm getting the TMS3 in a couple of weeks. setting it up with the TMIC spray kit.

I was woundering the same thing about the chips... let me know if you find out more

I also noticed that they arent real big on the uppipes. but alot of people here think that they are the best upgrade you can do:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been to WSS and am very impressed with Mark and his staff. Yes, they are not big on downpipes. If you are looking for some good reading on the WRX, try "training WRX" by Nick Warne. In thsi manual he downplays the need for chips and uppipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts