ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an MRT muffler (3", single tip) hoping it would be loud and slightly obnoxious. But I discovered it's about the same, if not quieter than my Prodrive...would anybody want to swap an MRT for a ___ muffler? It could be temporary if you just want to see what it sounds like. And I'm not selling the Prodrive, I just want to mess around with a different and louder exhaust note for my 'off season' muffler.

Ian, don't read this thread. :eek:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I just installed one too. People at the drag strip actually came up to me and said that they were positive I would lose based on the look and sound of my car. I can hear the vent fan motor on the lowest setting. I can hear the tires of other cars again. I love peace and quiet! Well..............quiet anyhow.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mad WRX said:
Will it mate up to my TurboXS exhaust?
Yep...I've got TurboXS as well. It's not a perfect fit because the TurboXS is 2.5" piping, MRT muffler is 3"...but the bolt holes line up, gasket fits, etc.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
svc said:
I picked up an MRT muffler (3", single tip) hoping it would be loud and slightly obnoxious. But I discovered it's about the same, if not quieter than my Prodrive...would anybody want to swap an MRT for a ___ muffler? It could be temporary if you just want to see what it sounds like. And I'm not selling the Prodrive, I just want to mess around with a different and louder exhaust note for my 'off season' muffler.

Ian, don't read this thread. :eek:
I hate you.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm tired of my loud A$$ car... I'd be willing to trade you for my apex-i N1 axle back... it's 3" and loud as h3ll even with that massive resonator I have inline.
Yes it's a grapefruit shooter (which I normally really hate) but it doesn't look that bad. It's also really great because on an otherwise stock looking car I just get mistaken for another dumb ricer and sucker vettes into getting themselves totally beat down.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have an APS 2.5" muffler section I would sell you REALLY cheap :). Like $50. The tip is bent slightly at the weld so a muffler shop could cut if off and reweld it no problem. You can hardly tell it is bent. I just want to get it out of my garage.

It is louder than an APS but not quite as obnoxious as say the TXS RFL.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
davidm_sh said:
I have an APS 2.5" muffler section I would sell you REALLY cheap :). Like $50. The tip is bent slightly at the weld so a muffler shop could cut if off and reweld it no problem. You can hardly tell it is bent. I just want to get it out of my garage.

It is louder than an APS but not quite as obnoxious as say the TXS RFL.
I am very interested. Is this an axel back muffler? Is 2.5" the tip diameter or the piping diameter or both? Hands off Sammy, this ones mine!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
svc said:
Go get it tiger!

Matt, next time you're in town we should have a listen and maybe swap. If Ian finds one I may just sell this for something else.
If you want you can swing by my place and use mine for a week. It's an N1 with 2.75" piping, and it's going to be used right now. And if you like it you can trade Matt for his. Edit, I will be leaving hella early tuesday morning, so it will have to be tomorrow. If you need I can drop off it off monday morning or night.
MCL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts