ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals...

I decided its time to up and move outta my parents house (Ray, TR, and Bill will be pleased!!!) over in NJ, to the new location of Manayunk/Roxborough which is west of Philly! It will significantly lower my commute by 20 miles and 40 minutes!!! :wiggles:

...about damn time considering I've put 37,000 miles on my STI Limited in under a year and a half :sadwave:

I tried searching briefly for this with no go...but what am I going to have to worry about with inspection and emissions? I am running a catless DP and a Cobb AP protune (no CELs) right now, but don't have NJ inspection due until 2010 since it was bought brand new in 2006. But assuming since I will be moving and gradually changing addresses, registration, and insurance policies...that I will have to get reinspected to PA standards. Can I escape with a catless DP on? Or will I have to go back to the stocker for emissions testing?

Any help is greatly appreciated...so thanks! :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Hey congrats! :thumbup: :wiggles:

ODBII wise you should be OK. If you are running a real time map, AP reset the ECU a few days prior to the test. Visually? I think it depends on where you take it. One of the guys from the Victory meets has assured me he can get it to pass - I will try to get the name ...

You have a PM.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Good luck with the move! ;)

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
No cel = pass. I gotta guy. :thumbup:

Sniffers? We don't need no stinking sniffers!

Welcome to the Keystone State. You buying up there or payin' the man?

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
you'd only be about 3.5-4hrs from me! lol

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Thanks for letting me know when you were down at Agile.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i'm looking to get to PA from NJ also but dont know any good towns... i would say keep your jersey plates and use ur parents address but jersey insurance is sooooo high.:(

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
i'm looking to get to PA from NJ also but dont know any good towns... i would say keep your jersey plates and use ur parents address but jersey insurance is sooooo high.:(
Why would he want to keep his plates? There are plenty of us running catless in PA with no issues. We don't have sniffers and we don't have a communist inspection system.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Congrats Mike. But yeah, like the guy said above the hills suck in the snow. I slid through an intersection once over there in the snow. :eek: You'll definitely need some snow tires if you're moving before winter is over.

As for insurance, I would keep your Jersey plates. Being so close to Philadelphia could raise your rates. You pay practically nothing for Jersey insurance b/c of your county. I pay A LOT more than you and I'm older, clean record and have a WRX not STI!!!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey congrats! :thumbup: :wiggles:

ODBII wise you should be OK. If you are running a real time map, AP reset the ECU a few days prior to the test. Visually? I think it depends on where you take it. One of the guys from the Victory meets has assured me he can get it to pass - I will try to get the name ...

You have a PM.
PM received...I'm actually not running a real time. I have it fully swapped. Should I be ok then? I might be able to pass visual with the Resonator looking like a cat...:confused1
I'll have to give Zach a call. Been awhile since I've seen him even though we used to chill a bit...

Good luck with the move! ;)
Thanks buddy! I'll need it...UHaul FTW!!!

No cel = pass. I gotta guy. :thumbup:

Sniffers? We don't need no stinking sniffers!

Welcome to the Keystone State. You buying up there or payin' the man?
No sniffers is good. Hook a brotha up!!!

Renting from the man...I wasn't saving any money at home, so may as well not save any money out of the house:rotfl:

you'd only be about 3.5-4hrs from me! lol
That isn't bad at all!!! Thats like a day trip:rotfl:

Thanks for letting me know when you were down at Agile.
You never picked up the phone! Kidding...I was a douche. Sorry :sadwave:

...and that was 6 months ago :p

Jersey insurance is the highest...but my area isn't bad at all. I do think PA will be even better though, so I will take advantage of it if possible after I get some quotes. I am gonna keep the parent's address for awhile. At least until this registration is up. Why waste money? :rotfl:

Why would he want to keep his plates? There are plenty of us running catless in PA with no issues. We don't have sniffers and we don't have a communist inspection system.
See above :)

I hate parking in that town. God even with awd you still cant get up those hills in the winter.
Manayunk is horrible...the hills do kick everyone's ass. But I am more or less in Roxborough in an apartment complex...so its got good parking lots with large spaces.

Congrats Mike. But yeah, like the guy said above the hills suck in the snow. I slid through an intersection once over there in the snow. :eek: You'll definitely need some snow tires if you're moving before winter is over.

As for insurance, I would keep your Jersey plates. Being so close to Philadelphia could raise your rates. You pay practically nothing for Jersey insurance b/c of your county. I pay A LOT more than you and I'm older, clean record and have a WRX not STI!!!
Thanks Steve...I'll still be local to the area and closer to Atco, haha. I've seen so many accidents over there though with moron drivers and parking, even without snow. I know the area well cause of friends that have lived out there. I have had snow tires for this whole season...yet no snow:confused: At least I am ready, unlike last year when I was on the RE070s through the winter:rotfl:

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
PM received...I'm actually not running a real time. I have it fully swapped. Should I be ok then? I might be able to pass visual with the Resonator looking like a cat...:confused1
I'll have to give Zach a call. Been awhile since I've seen him even though we used to chill a bit...
Damn ... quite the multi quote ...

Me thinks you will be OK. I get the test next week - I have a cat. :p

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn ... quite the multi quote ...

Me thinks you will be OK. I get the test next week - I have a cat. :p
I enjoy multiquotes. I don't want to leave anyone hanging...

Let me know how that goes. Moving to a new place means I certainly won't have enough money to buy a new catted DP...especially with Spring around the corner, I gotta save money for new summer tires:baaa:

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
I enjoy multiquotes. I don't want to leave anyone hanging...

Let me know how that goes. Moving to a new place means I certainly won't have enough money to buy a new catted DP...especially with Spring around the corner, I gotta save money for new summer tires:baaa:
The only time I have had an issue was with a real time map loaded. The old sensors not in a ready state error. An Accessport ECU reset, ~20 miles of driving and all was good. I probably did not need 20.

I always tell the shop I have an aftermarket cat before getting the test. There was one year I used a garage near where I work. After telling the tech he balked at the idea of testing with a non-OEM cat. I brought up Cobb's website on their PC and showed him what was installed. He said he would have to make a few calls before testing. I left him to make the calls. He called later saying the car was ready for pick up. I never bothered to ask him about the calls.

I have not been back to that shop since.

·
Registered
557 Posts
yeah, I'm going to moving from Delaware to PA (Reading Area) - probably the end of summer - but my girl is from PA & her dad has somebody that will just pass u for some $$$$ - I'm not sure how much - but I have a Mustang (yes - I know) - but I've had it since high school - but its a full race car - T76 turbo about 900 horse - he said he could get that tag'd 4 me - cuz I couldn't get it thru DE inspection (thatwas justthe supecharger) - but I have 2 get it back together 1st plus I want 2 some upgrades on my WRX - so if worst comes 2 worst - I should be able 2 getu thru

1 - 20 of 46 Posts