Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote erlier where my car was smoking on a take off. only happened once.
I took it to the dealer to get it checked out to see if there were any problems.
after an hour they call and tell there was a mouse nest in the intake of the turbo.
WTF:eek:
I'm no genius but this is physically impossible for a mouse to get in to there w/out chewing through the air filter.
any thoughts?
now i'm worried that they found somthing wrong and didn't want to fix it, and made up some lame excuse so they will now be able to blame it on the mouse nest. :mad:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Those little fu**ers they get in my lawnmower engine and I have to take it apart to get all the crap out of there.
I really don't know how it would get into the turbo without chewing through something, you should ask the dealer.

·
Registered
559 Posts
A mouse???
Here in Brazil i have cockroaches on my engine,,but i think they all die when the temperature goes up in there.
Was the mouse still there ??or was he dead?
tuca

·
Registered
62 Posts
As a Nissan tech, I see mice causing problems in cars all the time. Lots of them nest in the airbox, though I have never seen one eat through an airfilter, just a little nibble. I have seen mice eat through wiring harnesses causing big, expensive, (not covered by warrantee) wiring repair jobs. Also, they like to get into the blower motor. If one dies in there it really stinks!
I wonder if they meant that there was a nest in the airbox, on the outer side of the airfilter?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Oh YES... they get in there.... I got an Isuzu truck for free. Started to work on it. and found mice droppings all over ...On top of that the engine would not start. Took the air filter cover off, and too my amazement, found the filter area, air pipings all full of nuts and seeds. I mean PACKED, took them off and there were nuts everywhere.
Got stopped by a cop, saying that my rear lights weren't working. went home tried to change the lights, and they were fine. took my dashboard apart. the lil suckers ate thru most of the harness.... pain in the behind

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
platano said:
Oh YES... they get in there.... I got an Isuzu truck for free. Started to work on it. and found mice droppings all over ...On top of that the engine would not start. Took the air filter cover off, and too my amazement, found the filter area, air pipings all full of nuts and seeds. I mean PACKED, took them off and there were nuts everywhere.
Got stopped by a cop, saying that my rear lights weren't working. went home tried to change the lights, and they were fine. took my dashboard apart. the lil suckers ate thru most of the harness.... pain in the behind
>
My car ran just fine never a check engine light just smoked once.
I'm pretty sure they lied to me for reasons on unknowned.:confused:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Bwwwwhahahahaha!!!:D That is the craziest thing I've ever heard, mice in your turbo!!! Nuts & Seeds in the airbox!!!! I'm in tears...:D :D :D
You need to keep a cat posted in your garage!:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bask Oner said:
So am I going to find mice in my exhaust, now that there are no cats to protect it?
lol...Better get the cat-back...hahahaha:p

·
Registered
559 Posts
Bask Oner said:
So am I going to find mice in my exhaust, now that there are no cats to protect it?
I will have the same problem =)
Hey Basker,,long time :D
Tuca

·
Registered
294 Posts
I found 3 dead ones (mice) on the passenger side floor of my parked T-Bird the other day, peeeeee uuuuuuuu. Why they died I dunno. Luckily it was only a couple days since I had been in the car. What can be done to stop these invasions? Moth balls? I heard dryer sheets, I doubt that would work.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Cat jokes: :D

My mom had a mouse get into her month-old Forester last year. It was in the fan for the heat/AC. :eek: What a mess. She turned the thing on and it made an awful noise. Took it to the dealer, who found mouse soup in there. They took it all apart and cleaned it thoroughly. No charge.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I guess I shouldn't mind the cat-prints all over my windows.

My cat loves to go out in the garage. He's even gotten 3 or 4 mice in the two years we've owned this house. Nice to know he's standing guard over Rex.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts