ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to mount a 1 cubic feet subwoofer box, it's going to be located at the rear of the trunk (under the rear deck). How would i mount the box in the trunk so the box doesn't move around? Where and how deep can i drill on the floor of the trunk?
thank you soo much for the input

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Might what to search in the cabin/interior section, i remeber reading how far to drill and such

Tom

·
Registered
270 Posts
This might sound ghetto, but it worked for me with my 98 Z24 - try using velcro. I hate drilling holes into my car, so I tacked several strips of the prickly side of velcro around the bottom of my sub box and it seemed to work great. It may have shifted a little over time, but it's better than drilling holes into your box and trunk!! Just an idea.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Another great option is to custom cut a piece of wood so that it sits against the back seats, if you cut it right like in my car, you will be able to mount a sub on it and it won't slide around...I will have to take some pictures of it but it looks good and you can cover it with the carpet in the back and just drill into the wood so you can take it out if ya don't wanna have a sub in the back forever

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wouldn't drill holes either. In order to prevent slipping AND to mount my amps I did this in my last car:

Maybe you could get a cheap piece of 1/2" particle board, cut it out to fit in your trunk and go around the subwoofer box, cover the top with carpet that matches your trunk and lay it in there to keep the box secure from moving around.

What I made secured it from sliding side-to-side and it barely moved back. I miss my old stuff. Need bass in WRX... DON'T WANT EXTRA WEIGHT. :mad:

That 12W6v2 and box probably weighed around 50lbs alone but it was definitely a quality sub paired with the 600watt RMS Cadence mono amplifier. I might have to eventually buy that stuff back from the guy I sold it to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts