ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Matrix (uh-oh)

Well, Despite what personal bugs some people may have up their @$$es, I had great service from Mike when I purchased my Samco's.

All contacts were prompt and courteous. e-Mail confirmation was timely and I was satisfied with the whole transaction.

Clavo

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live close to Motormatrix and stopped by one day, good guys. I bought the samco hoses from them. Next time I need something they will be where I go.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I have also bought from them, they seem like good people. They have good prices and good customer support, would definitely buy from them again.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
MotorMatrix... blah.

eh... what a deal :rolleyes:

i called (7/18/02) and placed an order by phone or so i thought... first, they dont take american express... so i said 'email me' an invoice and ill use paypal.... 'he' says ok and then i dont get an email... so i call back (7/21/02) in a couple days and give him the exact same info i did 2 or 3 days prior.. this time i do receive an email/invoice. I paypal the money to him, and also sending him an email requesting an ETA on the parts... no reply, i emailed two more times, no reply. I called and say that i see u are advertising parts as 'instock' on vendor forums.. where are mine at? well he says .. he needs to get my payment info.. OK, since i already paypal'd it and emailed twice.. good thing i called i guess? :rolleyes: So i say i NEED my uppipe and gaskets by FRIDAY (8/2/02) so i can install them on sat/sun.. my only days off---which i get maybe once a month.. 'no prob' he says, altho the samco hoses are stiill out of stock... so i am excited when my package arrives via UPS... i look and notice.. hey i have a lovely new uppipe but NO gaskets... i was HELLA pissed off... cause this means i cannot install it for some time... so i email, he says 'ill take off $20 and ship em out'… he also pretty much said it was my fault I didn’t get the gaskets cause I didn’t include them in my paypal subject line.. lol like he didn’t send me an invoice…and I didn’t have to call him to ship my order out… lets face it---> $20 bucks and gaskets received maybe monday doesnt help me one bit.. i replied and said he must be joking... cause since i placed my order i have 'seen' the exact same parts for ~$50 less than what i paid.. so for inconvenience and waiting ~2 weeks or so and get bad service, he still makes 30 more that what others who are selling instock items would.. we exchanged some emails, i made my points clear and sometimes rude... but he said the following:"You did not overpay. You paid the price of the parts at that time." WOW, i paid for prices from 2 weeks ago.. i guess thats an eternity in the aftermarket parts business... and the price thing WOULD NOT have been an issue if i got my order right.. basically he said 'sorry.' and thats about it.. i ended up saying im sending this pipe back, canceling my order and i wont be ordering from u again...

just thought i would vent and share all the facts of my issue with them... and its a small item, just imagine what it will be like when dealing with an order in the thousands of dollars range... :confused:

-Mike
[email protected]

·
Registered
899 Posts
I just ordered a GFB MBC from these guys and immediately recieved an order confirmation via e-mail. The price was good, shipping wasn't too much, and assuming it arrives in good condition and on time, I'd say this was overall an extremely easy and positive experience. I'll update when I recieve my stuff.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Re: MotorMatrix... blah.

MJU1983 said:
eh... what a deal :rolleyes:

i called (7/18/02) and placed an order by phone or so i thought... first, they dont take american express... so i said 'email me' an invoice and ill use paypal.... 'he' says ok and then i dont get an email... so i call back (7/21/02) in a couple days and give him the exact same info i did 2 or 3 days prior.. this time i do receive an email/invoice. I paypal the money to him, and also sending him an email requesting an ETA on the parts... no reply, i emailed two more times, no reply. I called and say that i see u are advertising parts as 'instock' on vendor forums.. where are mine at? well he says .. he needs to get my payment info.. OK, since i already paypal'd it and emailed twice.. good thing i called i guess? :rolleyes: So i say i NEED my uppipe and gaskets by FRIDAY (8/2/02) so i can install them on sat/sun.. my only days off---which i get maybe once a month.. 'no prob' he says, altho the samco hoses are stiill out of stock... so i am excited when my package arrives via UPS... i look and notice.. hey i have a lovely new uppipe but NO gaskets... i was HELLA pissed off... cause this means i cannot install it for some time... so i email, he says 'ill take off $20 and ship em out'… he also pretty much said it was my fault I didn’t get the gaskets cause I didn’t include them in my paypal subject line.. lol like he didn’t send me an invoice…and I didn’t have to call him to ship my order out… lets face it---> $20 bucks and gaskets received maybe monday doesnt help me one bit.. i replied and said he must be joking... cause since i placed my order i have 'seen' the exact same parts for ~$50 less than what i paid.. so for inconvenience and waiting ~2 weeks or so and get bad service, he still makes 30 more that what others who are selling instock items would.. we exchanged some emails, i made my points clear and sometimes rude... but he said the following:"You did not overpay. You paid the price of the parts at that time." WOW, i paid for prices from 2 weeks ago.. i guess thats an eternity in the aftermarket parts business... and the price thing WOULD NOT have been an issue if i got my order right.. basically he said 'sorry.' and thats about it.. i ended up saying im sending this pipe back, canceling my order and i wont be ordering from u again...

just thought i would vent and share all the facts of my issue with them... and its a small item, just imagine what it will be like when dealing with an order in the thousands of dollars range... :confused:

-Mike
[email protected]
**UPDATE** on my issue.. i sent the part(s) back on 5-AUG-02 and he 'mike' got them on 8-AUG-02. I didnt/have not heard a word... i emailed twice so far... i dont really have time to call and waste my time on the phone.. they are prob closed by the time i get off work... i am REALLY pissed!! he has ~$400 of my money and i have no and dont want any parts! hopefully someone at motormatrix will read this and realize what its called... theft :mad:

where is my refund? :confused: :confused: :confused:

-Mike
[email protected]

UPS tracking #: 1Z 073 74W 03 4068 987 3

·
Registered
96 Posts
hmmmmm, well my experience was very good...I picked up a NOS 50-shot kit from him and could not be happier with it...there was a fitting I had to get, but that was less than $2...no complaints and Mike doesn't mind bs'ing with you...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I guess I am in the same situation as MJU1983. I have not had any luck with these guys at all. I am still trying to get in touch with them. I have sent two emails and 3 phone calls with me leaving them messages. All of you guys have atleast talked to him or gotten an email. I got so generic reply regarding that my order had been placed. This was back on 9/21/02. All I ordered was a Godspeed uppipe, I figure that they could have good turn around time on that since it was in stock. I would cancel my order, but you kind of have to talk to someone in order to do that! Basically, I won't use this one again.

Just my 2 cents...probably all its worth too! ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
are they still in business? I just order a GFB Pulley Kit, Turbo Timer, and some other stuff for around $400..... im now worried after reading all of these posts.... also their voicemail is FULL SO I CANT EVEN LEAVE A MESSAGE. If anyone lives by them, can they see if theyre still in business????????????????????????
-jm

How do I get my money back if they dont get ahold of me???

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would say instead of paying the credit card, challenge it by calling your credit card company and tell them. Haven't ever had to do it, but I know it has been done.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ordered-
GFB Pulley Kit
Blitz Turbo Timer + harness
STi "I" blue emblem
total - $385

Sucks I paid by Debit Card so my money is already taken out of Checking **** **** ****. I cant even get ahold of them to find out if they are going to ship it! I spoke with some kid last Friday who told me that he would send me a tracking # on Monday. Well they are closed on Monday, and of course I didn't get it today (Tuesday). WTF is up with these people? Does anyone live by them? If I lived in Florida I would drive my ass up there and talk to the freakin owner. If I don't hear back from them this week I am turning them in for fraud. (I work at a bank)

[Edit by Pace] Please restrain yourself with the language. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live not too far away, I picked up my N2O kit from them...I'll probably go by thier for my EBC in the next few days...I'll let ya know if I do...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I just received my credit card statement and sure enough...2 days after I made the purchase they billed my card. That was almost a month ago at this point (9/21) and I haven't heard a peep from them. I called the credit card company and have challenged the charge, so no product, no money. If God is listening, I need one of your uppipes since that is what I was trying to buy in the first place :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered hyperflow IC hoses and godspeed uppipe. I also ordered a HKS downpipe, but called them the same day and removed it from my order because I wanted to retain my factory third cat. They said they'd remove it, no problem. A few days later, the charge comes out of my account for the original order, WITH the downpipe. I try to call them, no answer, full voicemail box. I emailed them several times with no response. Finally, they reply to my emails after about three more days saying they would credit my account, still no tracking number. Five days later, I received the money back, but they kept the $30 shipping. I sent them several emails again, and tried to call them with no luck. A few days later Mike emails me back saying he was crediting the account that day and wait 3-5 business days for it to clear. ELEVEN business days later, after not receiving the credit, I sent him about 20 emails demanding my money back. Finally, he responded that he had done it and, yes, 3 days later I had the money. These guys do everything they can to bone their customers. They answered their phone twice from the 20+ times I called (during their business hours) and answered 3 of my 25+ emails. Thanks to their terrible service I'm going to have to beg my wife for permission to order parts from anyone on the internet again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For you guys concerned yhat they are out of business, they are not! They are there, but as for having stuff in stock, I wouldn't count onit I went by there last weekend and they had a couple of things that was it! Personally I deal with Dynamic Turbo . They now have 2 locations- Miami and Ft. Lauderdale on SR 7 ( 441). They have been around for a long time and have a good rep!!!!!:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
speedy gp said:
For you guys concerned yhat they are out of business, they are not! They are there, but as for having stuff in stock, I wouldn't count onit I went by there last weekend and they had a couple of things that was it! Personally I deal with Dynamic Turbo . They now have 2 locations- Miami and Ft. Lauderdale on SR 7 ( 441). They have been around for a long time and have a good rep!!!!!:D
Do they have a website?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts