ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the performance shop gave up on the miata and they can't get it to run. i'm in the market for a new car. i got about 25k to spend. what is the most fun car to drive. not really the fastest but the most fun. wrx's are real common where i live so i don't really want one. i want a new car so i can have that warrenty. i really need help. i wish i could get an sti but damn they are expensive.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Mini Cooper S would be good to check out.

I'd vote WRX just because it's a blast to drive - even stock. Who cares if lots of people have 'em? Oh well.

Maybe you can find a lightly used S2K with some warranty left on it. That would be fun like a Miata, as well.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
If I didnt' have snow 7 months out of the year, I'd have a used s2k... Check out the prices for used ones on Ebay - a year ago there were some mighty nice ones going for 22-23k!

-snowcat

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you for all the quick responces. i was looking into a drop tow mini s and the upgrading it to a works in a year or so. the one i was looking at is like 29k which is way to much. i was going to go to nissan and look for a 350z. used s2000 keeps going through my mind too. the only down fall to the mini s is that its not that fast at all. my miata a small turbo but could still run low 15's. i'm thinking about dumping a lot of money into themiata and getting a beater for everyday. the miata already as full kit, flyin miata turbo, and supporting mods. any other idea's

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
How about a Chevy Sprint Turbo. They are fast, very cheap, and you can drive it like a rental and not really care what happens to it. They go to about 175,000 miles before they die. Mow the gears in the five speed, smoke the clutch, and keep $23,000 in the bank.
I got one just for fun.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I'll have to go with the Mini Cooper S with an upgraded supercharger pulley. My Dad just put one on his and it made a WORLD of difference.

If you're looking for an older car, get an old MGB. My first car was a 1980 MGB and it was soooo fun to drive! If you upgrade the suspension and get a new exhaust, that thing will fly! You'd better know how to work on cars though. Particularly, old Lucas electrical systems.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
880 Posts
S2000 or 05 Legacy 2.5 GT turbo wagon...:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My vote goes to the miata, hands down one of the best hair blowing, handling, shifting cars I've driven. Lacks the balls on straightway though. Thats where my 2 wrx comes in :D

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
spooln said:
thank you for all the quick responces. i was looking into a drop tow mini s and the upgrading it to a works in a year or so. the one i was looking at is like 29k which is way to much. i was going to go to nissan and look for a 350z. used s2000 keeps going through my mind too. the only down fall to the mini s is that its not that fast at all. my miata a small turbo but could still run low 15's. i'm thinking about dumping a lot of money into themiata and getting a beater for everyday. the miata already as full kit, flyin miata turbo, and supporting mods. any other idea's
mini is a nice car, but the speed just isnt there, and it isnt nearly as fun as the s2k. Honestly, go test drive a used 350Z and a used S2k. I think one of those will sway your decision.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
889 Posts
DTR rex said:
mini is a nice car, but the speed just isnt there, and it isnt nearly as fun as the s2k. Honestly, go test drive a used 350Z and a used S2k. I think one of those will sway your decision.
I agree. 350z or s2k is the way to go if you want a fun and fast car to drive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts