Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I paint em or leave them black...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I was all set to reply "paint" when I saw the thread title - but when your picture loaded I sat back on my haunches. Your car looks GREAT! Don't touch a thing. :D

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
i think you should leave them unpainted too...looks great that way...

can't say i have ever seen them unpainted on a wrb...

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I love the way they look now, but I think you need to paint your sideskirts. Then your car will be slammin' :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I saw a paint job somewhere (try searching maybe) where this italian dude painted the top (eye-lid)section and the very bottom section, following the lines on the angled lines of the fixture itself, and it looked mean as hell...... It's tough to explain better, but it keeps the unpainted look while giving the car a "mean looking" brow

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'm a diehard member of the "Paint it!" club, so...along with dR and redwag, I'd say "Paint it!" ;)

Either the whole assembly painted or, as redwag, mentioned partcially painted. I think that you'd be impressed with how it changes your car's appearance. With that said, you may actually not want to change the appearance more than it is now. So, I guess the choice is up to you....

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
redwag said:
I saw a paint job somewhere (try searching maybe) where this italian dude painted the top (eye-lid)section and the very bottom section, following the lines on the angled lines of the fixture itself, and it looked mean as hell...... It's tough to explain better, but it keeps the unpainted look while giving the car a "mean looking" brow
I think this is what you're talking about. I like that look too actually. If you are to paint your Morettes, I say paint them like this.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I personally have a silver rex with black skirts and unpainted Morettes....I think they match up quite well and look good. Of course this indicates how biased I am. The black shroud is pseudo traditional rally however.
I've seen quite a few WRB painted morettes...they do look a lot tamer and you should be careful as to who you get it painted with. I've seen several cheap examples fade or don't shine the same as the body under sunlight.

·
Registered
193 Posts
how much just to paint the top and bottom part only
like evil import's car (the green one)
not to paint all of em

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Actually it'll probably cost more to get the split painted Morettes...simply because for them to look good, you'll want to prime the black part(even paint it) and then you have to cover that part and paint the rest in a different colour.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the Split Painting would look the best, I like it when the lights look like thye're at least sort-of stock. i always find that un-painted they look too thrown on.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
im gettin my sonic yellow saturday with right now ive decided for unpainted, but i might decide differently after a while, the option is always open i suppose

·
Registered
188 Posts
i would have to say i am a fan of 1/2 painted but thats also because thats the way mine are

full painted also looks good

i think if you do them 1/2 painted, i would leave the part you are going to leave black, the way that they come, only because i like the flat black better, and then you wouldn't have to worry about them chipping,

only reason mine are gloss black is because they have been painted about 3 times now

(1st) silver (2nd) all green (3rd) 1/2 green 1/2 black

1 - 20 of 20 Posts