Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has them? and are they worth the money? How do they compare to the stock headlights? I love the way they look, but they're expensive...

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I never had the stock lights on my rex so I can't really give you a direct comparison between the two. From what I recall from being in other rexs however, the Morrettes(without HID) come with a whiter light that is somewhat brighter(friend's have thought that I had the highbeams on when it was on low). You also benefit from the lights giving a wider view range. As for aesthetics, mine aren't painted and I like it that way(also to consider is that paint on the shroud will likely chip easily and the painted version won't look so nice anymore).

·
Registered
249 Posts
I love the way they look. They completely change the face of the car. As for performance and build quality, I'm very unimpressed. The housing is very flexible. After installation, pressing the housing with your finger changes the direction of the light. Also, the far border of the low beam is a straight line; it doesn' spread out like the oe lights. It' bright, but once you pass the line, it becomes totally black. I had to adjust the light up to see further up the road without blinding other drivers.

I have seen other projection lights in other cars, but I have never seen one that ends so abruptly.

Did I mention how good they look:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
To answer your questions:

1. I have them
2. Yes, they are worth the money
3. They change the look of the car (for the better IMHO), and when aimed properly light up the road better. I stress proper aiming b/c there definitely IS a freaky cutoff. The beam is more directed, which means that when adjusted to the sweet spot (just below blinding oncomers:)) it is great.

Get 'em...paint 'em...aim 'em...enjoy 'em :D

later
-John

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
their nice, however the 12$ vinyl eyelids for the price... are better. $500 a bit too rich for my wallet esepcially when considered what can be got for 550, rims, performance...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got them last week and I love them! Much brighter. I think I'm going to adjust them again though. Maybe bring the cut-off up a little more.

How did you guys adjust them? I found insrtuctions online, 3 pages worth.:eek:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
$479.99 | MORETTE HEAD LIGHTS
From the main page "Blow Out Specials!!!"

Not a bad deal at all... Sooo tempting. :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
*laughs* yes.....NOW i see that too!!! lol....oh well......yes it is tempting......however i had to spend the 1000 i had saved for my next mods and put a tranny in my kids Jetta!!!! Damn VWs!!!!!
now i have to wait for him to pay me back......and who knows what Alta will be doing by then!!!!!
DML

·
Registered
249 Posts
O-wood said:
If I got Morettes I would paint them like this. They look so bad ass.
I tried 4 different paintshops and they all said the paint would not stay on the housing. They said the surface was too rough; one shop wanted $400 to primer and paint them like this picture.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Prince Ali said:

I tried 4 different paintshops and they all said the paint would not stay on the housing. They said the surface was too rough; one shop wanted $400 to primer and paint them like this picture.
:eek: Sounds to me like nobody wanted to paint them. That seems odd, especially that you heard it from so many shops. Maybe the shops in your area are too busy to paint them, so just decided to give you an astronomical price so you wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid 435.00 for mine from rallyperformance.com I had them clear coated so they would not get bug and or wax stained.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts