ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 wrx that I'm looking at getting more power from. Mods that it has. Complete straight pipe in Invida exhaust headers down pipe and up pipe. Vf 29 turbo runs around 16-17psi. Sti injectors and cold air intake and all the tubing. It was pro turned and dynoed at about 240hp. (This was all done by previous owner) is there anything I can do that wont break the bank? Can I get away with a boost controller without tuning as I'm far from shops? Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2005 wrx that I'm looking at getting more power from. Mods that it has. Complete straight pipe in Invida exhaust headers down pipe and up pipe. Vf 29 turbo runs around 16-17psi. Sti injectors and cold air intake and all the tubing. It was pro turned and dynoed at about 240hp. (This was all done by previous owner) is there anything I can do that wont break the bank? Can I get away with a boost controller without tuning as I'm far from shops? Thank you
Remap the ECU

·
Registered
2003 Subaru WRX 'Sonic Yellow'
21 Posts
An aftermarket boost controller is used to maintain a consistent pressure through your revs. While, YES you will benefit from this and it will give you a little better power output. I personally think what you're looking for is something like a Cobb Accessport and get it another protune.

If that breaks the bank too much then I would look into TGV deletes. As they're relatively cheap and can net you a decent HP gain. BEWARE though you WILL need a tune for this mod. Also it's kind of a PITA to do and labor varies.

Although if you can wait and save the money, the car will absolutely benefit from a larger turbo setup. Something along the lines of a td05 or vf35 / vf48.

It would be easier to determine what to do next if you outline your
  1. Budget
  2. Desired horsepower
  3. Desired plan for the car
I.e. do you want to daily the car, autocross, rally cross, etc.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru WRX 'Sonic Yellow'
21 Posts
But then again, you could add an EBCS and overboost the vf29 you have to something like 23psi depending on what your tuner says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts