ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which dealership is more mod friendly?
Irvine Subaru or South Coast Subaru?

I read that Irvine Subaru will warranty parts for 3 years if they installed them.

If I don't get installed by them, I don't care if the warranty the parts. I just want to know if they won't cover my transmission or engine just because I'm catless.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Well, I can't say for sure since I've never had any major repairs done. I bought my car at Irvine, but heard some less than favorable reviews about them lately. I've had my car in at South Coast once, and they didn't say a word about my mods. They even offered to check out my coilovers for the clunking noise they were making. If I had to call it, I'd say probably South Coast is the better choice.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UR MOTHA said:
Well, I can't say for sure since I've never had any major repairs done. I bought my car at Irvine, but heard some less than favorable reviews about them lately. I've had my car in at South Coast once, and they didn't say a word about my mods. They even offered to check out my coilovers for the clunking noise they were making. If I had to call it, I'd say probably South Coast is the better choice.

Damn:(
South Coast is like 44 minutes away (no traffic), but I'm willing to drive that distance for a more mod friendly dealership.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
its weird. i think south coast is more friendly though. irvine is cool and all but cant really explain. just gotta bring it their yourself and find out. if it sucks then leave. but other than that. both places are pretty cool. they all promote modding. :D :wiggles:

·
Registered
767 Posts
SD_GR said:
Could you elaborate on the less than favourable reviews please?
Well, mostly issues with poor service. Not necessarily about not being mod friendly. But like I said, this is all secondhand info, not my personal experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts