ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember the WRX I did with a GT30R. Well, I redid the engine with a built 2.5 liter block (sleeves, rods, pistons) and ported the heads. Installed a custom Godspeed large MAF intake, back to the dyno and picked up some great power. Here's the dyno sheet. Made 382 WHP on 93 octane at 20 PSI and 472 WHP on 100 octane fuel at 25 PSI. Turbo is pretty much maxed out at this point and since it was only 100 octane unleaded and not C16 I did not want to push it. Still excellent results and the car is just plain crazy fast on the street. Customer wants more still so a Spec R 650 kit is in his future. Stock camshafts are holding back quite a bit of power unfortunately but he had no budget left for that so we left them stock. With cams I'm sure we could hit 400 WHP on pump fuel. We'll see if we can hit that with the SPec R 650 turbo and stock cams. Should be no problem.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
damn nice numbers...what tranny mods does this guy have?

·
Registered
424 Posts
DAMN DAN!!!!

Hey guys I was at Dan's shop today when he was tuning on 93 octane.. It was pretty amazing. I left when he was heading to the gas station to get the 100 octane. He told me race gas can make more power...... But i didn't think it could make 90 whp more!!! LOL
Dan I can't wait to get my car in there, lets do it up Home Slice!!! :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
WiCkeDrEx said:
What a beast! What kind of tranny he's on?
I think dan is still sleeping =)

The dude Has a 5-speed with Kaazzzzzzz Gears Straight 1-3 4th and 5th are Helical or however you spell it =)

I smoked my Tranny a year ago and im running the GimmeGear set that isnt sold in the U.S. any more... It kinda makes me nervous but...... the quality is there so I don't think I will have a problem.

·
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
As Brian said, he is running a Kaaz gearbox that I built for him. I have not seen one break yet (unless of course they assembled it wrong which unfortunately is VERY common). Car is solid and very fun to drive. The ACT clutch is holding up which is great and he is running a Toda Racing 10 lb flywheel. Unfortunately his O2 sensor is dying a slow death so his idle could be better but the car drives okay. Now at some point he may break an axle but I already have the upgraded axles ready for him when that happens. Here are his mods:

Godspeed large MAF (3.25 inch inner diameter)
Godspeed GT30R kit (custom prototype)
Godspeed Aluminum turbo inlet pipe (custom)
Godspeed/Magnus sleeved and built 2.5 liter STi block
Godspeed/DPR Stage II ported heads and TGV housings
Tial 38mm wastegate
GT Spec header (required with any GT30 or 35R kit that I do)
PE 800cc injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust
ACT HD-SS clutch
Toda Racing Flywheel
Turbo XS UTEC
Kaaz gearbox
APS DR650 FMIC
Some kind of dual vent BOV (I don't remember)
Turbo XS HPBC (he will get electronic boost controller later)
Stoptech Front big brake kit (I made this a requirement when I couldn't stop after building his gearbox)
No nitrous or water injection at all. Just plain old 93 and 100 octane fuels.

·
Registered
411 Posts
How would this turbo work on the 2.2l ? I like a smaller displacement compared to the 2.5.

also what does a set ported WRX heads run?

-Luke

·
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will work just fine a 2.2 liter. I had full boost on this car around 3800 RPM and around 4300 RPM on a 2.0 liter so expect it to boost up around 4000-4100 RPM on a 2.2 liter. As for the head porting, stage 1 runs about $850, STage II which is our most popular package runs $1650 with the ported TGV housings. Stage III with upgraded cams and valves is closer to $3800.

·
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Spec R 520 kits are in production and I'm putting a few together right now for customers. I want to get some numbers out of them and get some more kits built before I make an announcement. Those kits will not have a MAF sensor but I may make that optional for those who want to run it with a UTEC. I will see if we can solve the stalling problem when running a rotated turbo with a MAF.

·
Registered
293 Posts
God said:
My Spec R 520 kits are in production and I'm putting a few together right now for customers. I want to get some numbers out of them and get some more kits built before I make an announcement. Those kits will not have a MAF sensor but I may make that optional for those who want to run it with a UTEC. I will see if we can solve the stalling problem when running a rotated turbo with a MAF.
What stalling problems are you having with MAF and a GT30r? Is this something that the UTEC can control? I am planning on either getting the UTEC or AP Tuner (when it is available) and running a GT30r on a Ver. 7 block and heads should I be looking at a different form of engine management?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'll buy that bolt on version if you promise to give me a utec base map with it.

·
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Dark Rex. Appreciate that. I will have base maps to start with on the GT30R kits with my MAF sensor and either 800cc (WRX) or 850cc (STi) injectors. I'll also have Hydra base maps eventually will be available. I will not have any maps at all for modded injectors nor will I warranty any motor with those injectors so please do not even ask.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts