ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys is there a front o2 sensor we can use from a differnt model subie wrx ones seem expensive,i believe i
need a one because my car will hesitate like crazy at wot if its under 4000 rpm then it will accelerate to
6000rpm at wich point it just wont accelerate anymore its like its trying but it just wont.

however if im just crusing no heavy foot at all, it will accelerate just fine past 6000rpm so its narrowed down
to just at wot, thats the only time the car has hesitates,i have the car returned to completely stock,from the research i have
done,possibles are incorrect gap on plugs(checked)maf sensor(replaced)vac leaks(also checked)no cels,except sometimes if i cruise on the highway
cyl 2 will misfire and this only happens every once and awhile that i get a cel for that and its only ever been when im on the highway at a constant speed

so my research leads me to believe its either a faulty front o2 or coil packs

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
The car does not use O2 sensor feed back at WOT. It's in openloop fueling. What mods were on the car before? Does the ECU have the stock tuning on it?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o ok well thanks for the info donkey thats very good to know, the car had that crappy intake on it
remember lol? i have since then put a oem sti intake on it reset the ecu about 200 miles ago,and now its finnaly starting to feel better.
i also possibly thought it could be a fuel issue took out the fuel filter to see if it was possibly clogged, shook it a little bit and put it back in
and that helped as well fuel filter has like 1500 miles on it so maybe i got bad gas? and is a little bit clogged maybe the fuel pump is need replacement as well
i think its about the time, i cant remember what the interval is for a fuel pump replacement,it is now going over 6 although it doesnt feel like there is much power up top wich i think is normal on these cars

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
The fuel pump is not an expendable part; there is no replacement interval.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts