ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard of this event from my friends in the Porsche club over in Raleigh and decided to attend. It started as just the Porsche guys, but the Italian car club guys were meeting in the same shopping center, so they decided to get together. Well, they invited their friends and those friends invited their friends, etc. Below is the email that tells you just how successful the event was. The great part is that this is a monthly thing. They get together on the first Saturday of the month.

>>>>
>Unbelievable! That's the best way to describe the turn out this past Saturday. The estimates are that over 150 CARS came and went from 7:30 AM until about 11:AM!!! Once a month the Italian car guys join us with their monthly get-together but now there's a huge crowd of every other kind of car you can imagine. Of course there were Porsches, but then there were Ferraris of every description and vintage, Ford GT's, Lamborghini's, Maserati's, Alfa's, Cobra's, a Ford GT40 replica and even a Fiat 850 sedan. New cars, older cars, stock cars, modified cars, highly modified cars... you name it.
So, if you haven't been to our Saturday morning get-together, you should start coming! The Porsche guys and a few others are there EVERY Saturday morning but all are welcome and encouraged to come every week! Camille's serves a great breakfast & coffee drinks and there's more than enough safe parking.
Starting with the first Saturday in April, we may be able to rope off a large area of the parking lot just for us so as to avoid any door dings from the "public" parking their minivans & big SUV's next to your baby. We may even divide the lot into nationality sections to make it easier to see & compare them all. There now even seems to be interest from the Antique car guys and some street rodders (modernized antique cars).
The location is Camille's Sidewalk Cafe http://www.camillescafe.com/storepage.cfm?id=3&locationid=108 in the Brier Creek Commons Shopping Center. http://www.shopbriercreekcommons.com/ This is ideally located at the intersection I-540 and NC 70, right between Raleigh and Durham.
BY THE WAY: THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR ADMISSION , but it would be nice if you patronized Camille's and some of the other shops while you're there! So far we're the guests of Camille's but the rest of the shops should benefit from our presence as well. Additionally: We are policing this ourselves so SPEEDING, WRECKLESS DRIVING, making too much noise, etc., will not be tolerated! (Save yourself the embarrasement of being asked to leave and not come back by the other ADULTS.) This get-together is NOT sponsored or endorsed by any of the car clubs, shops or the shopping center. We're just patrons of the shopping center who just happened to all get there at the same time!
Ray
>>>>

If you happen to live in the area, it's well worth the trip. I drove up from Greensboro, and I can definitely say that it was not in vain. It'd be really cool if I weren't the only Subie driver next time, though! :D

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I meant to bump this before the beginning of the month, but didn't bother because of the weather. I'm going to be autocrossing with them next weekend, so I'll confirm the meet for May 3 and post here accordingly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Friendly reminder bump for those in the Raleigh area. This event is coming up this weekend, Saturday, May 3. If you live anywhere nearby, drop by and take a look at some of the amazing cars. We'd love to see you there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The May event is tomorrow morning. Looks like we're going to have good weather, so come check out the exotics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts