ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
BarbieJeep said:
drool... hehe I'm still a jeep girl at heart... it's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand....

Jeep like no other....

I do Love my Rex tho =D
I am getting rid of my jeep this week for a wrx, and i can't believe that i am doing it. Those things have some balls and with the right mods you can get them hella fast (grand cherokees). I almost want to get 5.9 over the wrx. But it's time to move on. But i will always be a jeeper at heart.:(

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
BarbieJeep said:
drool... hehe I'm still a jeep girl at heart... it's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand....

Jeep like no other....

I do Love my Rex tho =D
I like Jeeps too...my brother has a Rubicon...it's nice!

LtTripMD said:
450 completely unusable horses.

that's not the "Ultimate Jeep" it's the "Ultimate waste of money".

trip.
I can see how people would think so, but I still think it's a novel idea. Also, how do you figure it's a waste of money? That's a ton of torque that he can use to climb rocks. I'm all for people getting creative with their cars :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
WRXin' said:
I like Jeeps too...my brother has a Rubicon...it's nice!

I can see how people would think so, but I still think it's a novel idea. Also, how do you figure it's a waste of money? That's a ton of torque that he can use to climb rocks. I'm all for people getting creative with their cars :)
because that money could've gone into a Millen suspension or navigation or heck, for that money, he could've stapled a small helicopter to the roll cage and flown his way over the rocks.

there are hundreds of vehicles out there that could out perform that jeep in every way. this particular enthusiast decided to pour his money in to horsepower. problem is, that jeep wouldn't be stable at speeds created by 200hp, let alone 500hp.

the extra horses are only there for show which is fine, but "off-road jeep bling" is the worst breed of bling.

trip.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LtTripMD said:
this particular enthusiast decided to pour his money in to horsepower.
Yep, it is his money and that's what he decided to do with it :) Just like some people pour the cost of their WRX in mods to get it faster, they too could have put that money into say an M3. It's all about what your passionate about and what you wanna do with your mulla :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not all jeeps are used for offroad use only. Just a few nights ago me and my friend were in his supercharged 2000 jeep grand cherokee and we beat a modded wrx. He is also currently running without the optimizer computer which controls his blower. So jeeps can be pretty damn quick on the street too. Go check out jeepsunlimited.com and look in the speed freaks forum. The current fastest jeep is a grand cherokee running 12.3 on the 1/4 with a blown 360, and no nitrous, and he has hopes of breaking into the 11's in the near future. This is not to say i would spend 90k on a viper swap but a properly modded jeep can be pretty damn quick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts