Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get the leather boot to stay up around the shift knob? I'm installing the new Momo Sphere Shift Knob.

·
Registered
691 Posts
bump cuase i wanna know to

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
They sell a small part that screws into the knob and it has a little lip on it to hold the boot. Besides that, it won't stay. Bad pic, but I have the piece and I got it from a member on NASIOC.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
The MOMO boot looks as if it has more material to it, but I can't say for sure. That's just what I can see from pics, so it might fit better.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, thanks for your input; I was doubting anyone would reply. :D Have you seen this screw-in piece anywhere besides NASIOC? Any vendors? Or would some kind of jury-rigged rubber washer (hell, even a bunched-up rubber band!) wrapped around the shifter bar (underneath the boot) hold it up?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
The only place I have ever seen it is on my car. :D I don't know where to get it. I have heard of some people using a rubber band to hold up the boot and it seemed to have worked. Of course, it will dry up eventually.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll see if I can track down some metal piece (Home Depot?) that 1) matches the diameter of the shift rod, and 2) can be tightened down. I'd imagine many people might be interested in it.

I'll post pics when I have it done. Thanks for your help...I'm off to bed now. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Alot of people simply choose to buy a small piece of hose and clamp it down with zip-ties. Do a search on NASIOC or Scoobymods and I'm sure you'll find pics.
Really, anything rubber that will stick to the knob that can be fastened down will work just fine...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
acsWRX said:
Really, anything rubber that will stick to the knob that can be fastened down will work just fine...
How about a sticky rubber? :p

I'll post some pics of my install. I'll also dig around at Home Depot this weekend and get back to you guys on the result. Thanks again for your input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts