Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can people post their favorite momo knob or what they use and if they're happy with it. i have an ichibahn and i'm sick of it and i'll probably be replacing it with a momo..thanks.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Momo air race leather- although on hot days prepare for your hand to look like that guy who picked up the hot medallion in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yes race air is by far the best momo knob...but yes throw on the leather glove until that thing cools down...i actually..no joke, got burned bad by the bottom part..not by the drilled part up top..although i wish i did so i could post pics of my hand haha

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
::having second thoughts now:: haha i just got some extra cash off my morettes so i might go for one of those..how much do they run for..~70?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try grabing hold of the STi titanium one on a hot day and getting the STi logo burned into you hand now thats loyalty. This use to happen all the time with my Voodoo knob for my Miata but there is this KnobGlove This guy does awesome work and he can engrave anything on just about anything. Here is a picture of the Voodoo knob he laser engrave for me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish they made voodoos for the wrx :( aren't they really short? i'm not a big fan of tall knobs

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah they thread all the way down and effectively make your throws shorter I loved that shifter on the Miata. That is one reason why I like the WRX beacuse the lay out is the same you are directly connected to the gearbox.

·
Registered
663 Posts
go with the MOMO Race Air Leather, it feels and looks perfect on this car. Also, since it's mostly leather it doesn't burn your hand (the metal on top gets hot but not too hot). I got mine from subydude.com, price was good and shipping was fast.

It looks better on the car than it does in the picture on subydude....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think it even looks nice there..i had an all metal one for awhile so i think i can deal with a little peice of metal

·
Registered
691 Posts
does the momo air race leather work with the stock shift boot? is it a reallly easy install?

·
Registered
663 Posts
the picture above is with the stock boot, it doesn't attach to the knob, but the boot is stiff enough to keep itself up no problem. It is a very, very easy install

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
most of them work pretty well with the stock boot that i've noticed..i doubt it would be so popular if it didn't fit well with the stock shifter and boot

·
Banned
968 Posts
I think every WRX owner who gets an aftermarket shiftnob has this MOMO nob.....gay.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:has problem with eli caring about spelling too much:
why don't you go read the joke about the lightbulb and see how many of those types of people apply to you again :p

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
wrxgc said:
:has problem with eli caring about spelling too much:
why don't you go read the joke about the lightbulb and see how many of those types of people apply to you again :p
I stated my opinion about the knob... just had to take another shot at jon... maybe you should check that thread... :p

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i did but he claims he's burned you way more times so you've got some catching up to do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts