ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any recomendations on a good way to make about 450 wheel reliably on a '15 wrx such as internals turbos etc thank you

·
BooSTIng
2,821 Posts
Typically when adding other parts that are non oem, it means less reliability. However, there are a few engine builders out there that make exceptionally good engines that hold pretty big power. Remember though, even a perfectly blueprinted and built engine will last a fraction of the time when compared to oem. Typically less than 50k miles. You are asking to make double the horsepower your car comes with stock.

With that mentioned, if this is something you are set on, my first, and really only advice, is to locate a very reputable Subaru performance shop close to you. Contact them and let them know what your goals are. They will be able to lead you in the best direction in parts that they and the tuner prefer to get you to your goals. For instance, one shop might prefer eagle rods, where the next one prefers manley.

So find a good shop, with a good tuner, and start there.

·
BooSTIng
2,821 Posts
Yeah I know it wouldn't be as reliable I just mean like not blowing up within the first few pulls
Like I said there are quite a few very reputable shops building engines these days. One of the most go to is IAG. Chances are when you find a shop to help with your build, they will use an IAG short block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts