Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i limited hatchback and I’ve noticed not a lot of company’s make aftermarket parts for my car. Was just looking for some cosmetic ideas to do to it othe than wheels, coil overs, and tints. Please I’m stuck and really want to do more to my car!!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm not trying to be a ****, but you'll be wasting your money with big purchases like coil overs. Unless you spend big money on them, your car is going to ride like crap. I'm guessing you're a little younger?

If I just couldn't bare not doing something to my non performance car, here's what I think might be the lowest cost option while making the biggest difference:
Window Tint
Take the badges off
If you must, do a subtle taillight overlay. Like a light tint.
Keep it clean... invest a hundred bucks or so into some good cleaning products.
Put a decent mostly factory looking polished tip on the exhaust, if one will fit and look normal.

I don't suggest it, but if you want to spend a little more you could get a set of decent wheels. Nothing too flashy and try to keep your stock tire size. IF YOU MUST have some kind of an exhaust, get a modest sounding axle back muffler setup. It will give you just a little sound. Bad sound.

Don't do anything crazy or spend a lot of money. You'd be much better off saving your money for a car more deserving of upgrades in the future, like a WRX. IF YOU MUST BUY THEM, buy the wheels used and cheap. You can find good deals if you spend some time looking. Something like some good condition Rotas. Do research on the name to make sure you'e not buying some total ebay piece of garbage. Make sure they're not bent or cracked. I say buy them used, because when you're done with them you can sell them to someone else and not take much of a loss. I wouldn't spend more than $600-800.

Don't go crazy with the mods or it will make your car look dumb, like an old guy wearing a young man's clothes. Make it look 'sharp,' not aggressive. If that makes sense... Something you could pull into the driveway at your girlfriend's parents' house like you're meeting them for the first time.

I met my wife when I was twenty years old. As dumb as it sounds, I had a gently used 2003 Nissan Sentra SE:R Spec V. All I had done at that time was keep the car clean, tint, and took off some of the gaudy badges. This was a time where everyone else my age was driving around old junky used cars that they didn't care about. My wife jokes that she really wasn't into me, but when she saw my car it was kind of a turning point. That was back when most 18 years old at least had a touch of being superficial in them. (disclaimer) I know It sounds dumb, but we she was 18 and this is not a reflection of our adult priorities. Aim for something that will not make you look like a tool. A lot of people who do things to their car can't walk that line. For you: Walk that line.

If you stance it out and put some super aggressive wheels on it and you'll probably get a few chuckles from others.

Good luck. You probably won't listen to me anyway. No one ever does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts