ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have read the "what mods to do first" thread and I have decided that I am going to go with the Cobb AP for engine management and get a protuner to tune my car when I do an upgrade that needs a tune. I like short shifters so I am going to order a STS from TWM, as I have had good experiences with them before. What I don't know is what I should do after I get a turbo back exhaust and a tune. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about the intake, I'll keep it in mind, but from what I have been reading, a lot of people say that it really isn't worth it until I upgrade the turbo. I definately like the sound and I know that I can get a few hp from it with a tune. Thanks. :D

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Hello all,

I have read the "what mods to do first" thread and I have decided that I am going to go with the Cobb AP for engine management and get a protuner to tune my car when I do an upgrade that needs a tune. I like short shifters so I am going to order a STS from TWM, as I have had good experiences with them before. What I don't know is what I should do after I get a turbo back exhaust and a tune. Any suggestions?
I'd get some bushings to go along with that short shifter. Check out TurnInConcepts - they have a few 'bundles' of them. There are front, rear, pivot, and linkage bushings. They all significantly increase shifter feel. They will add some in cabin noise - supposedly it's the rear one mostly. I have them all and a few more and it really changes the way the car feels. Many others around here say the same as well.

As far as engine power goes, generally speaking a down pipe is normally the first move. It'll expand your power band and add a bit of a bump all around it. I'm not too familiar with Cobb's off the shelf tunes, but I know they do push intakes anymore. I went with a down pipe before an intake for what it's worth.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I was thinking about the intake, I'll keep it in mind, but from what I have been reading, a lot of people say that it really isn't worth it until I upgrade the turbo. I definately like the sound and I know that I can get a few hp from it with a tune. Thanks. :D
You're welcome.

I sent you a PM by the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd get some bushings to go along with that short shifter. Check out TurnInConcepts - they have a few 'bundles' of them. There are front, rear, pivot, and linkage bushings. They all significantly increase shifter feel. They will add some in cabin noise - supposedly it's the rear one mostly. I have them all and a few more and it really changes the way the car feels. Many others around here say the same as well.

As far as engine power goes, generally speaking a down pipe is normally the first move. It'll expand your power band and add a bit of a bump all around it. I'm not too familiar with Cobb's off the shelf tunes, but I know they do push intakes anymore. I went with a down pipe before an intake for what it's worth.
I hope those bushings come with instructions. If not, I hope that it is fairly obvious where they go and whatnot. I've done this before, but it was in a Mazda not to mention that I really don't like doing something without being informed well beforehand. I'm sure that I can figure it out. As to the DP, the TBE comes with a DP. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone, but I see what you are saying about the intake. What about an UP? The WRX is an 06, so I know that the UP is catless stock.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
jackal87 said:
I hope those bushings come with instructions. If not, I hope that it is fairly obvious where they go and whatnot. I've done this before, but it was in a Mazda not to mention that I really don't like doing something without being informed well beforehand. I'm sure that I can figure it out. As to the DP, the TBE comes with a DP. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone, but I see what you are saying about the intake. What about an UP? The WRX is an 06, so I know that the UP is catless stock.
There's an FAQ in the Driveline section with install instructions for each shifter bushing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts