Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 WRX and the amount of plastic that is in the car, especially behind the rear seats, rattles like crazy when driving at low RPM's or making turns. Anybody have any advice on how to minimize the rattle noise (other than turn radio up)?

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
207 Posts
Take apart rear deck, apply dynamat or even synthetic (non fiber glass) insulation. Put rear deck back on. I used dynamat, was just a pain to put the deck back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
They make these little foam rubber stickers. They kind of look like double sided foam tape but only stick on one side. Probe around to find the rattle or loose pieces and lift them and place that bumper there. It helps drastically when you find the right pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
207 Posts
They make these little foam rubber stickers. They kind of look like double sided foam tape but only stick on one side. Probe around to find the rattle or loose pieces and lift them and place that bumper there. It helps drastically when you find the right pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yeah or that. I did mine primarily to quiet the deck down when I installed my stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts