ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I baught a 17’ WRX about 2 months ago and I have 5 thousand to spend on performance parts.

The past owner already put a new K&N cold air intake.

I would like to increase Horsepower & would like to know what you guys think is the best Mod route.

I was thinking of getting the Invidia Dual N1 Exhaust with the grimspeed Straight pipe & perrin headers along with the perrin Charge pipe.

I already have the cobb access port at well.

Any suggestions on mods i can do to my car to increase Horsepower?

Budget of 5K right now.

·
Master linguitist
10,038 Posts
The Cobb AP doesn't support the k&n intake so you'll need a Dyno tune just for that.

The normal path is intake, egr delete, tgv delete, turbo back. Should cost far less than 5k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can get an etune from Clark turner, Mike Botti, Ron Watson, JR, etc.. no need for a dyno tune if one is too far. I'd suggest getting good tires is #1. Contact is key. Then get a decent TMIC or FMIC to help mitigate knock. Get it tuned of course.. E85 flex fuel module from Cobb. Tgv and egr deletes, IBR intake runners and brz intake if running a FMIC. Get methanol injection if you want even more knock mitigation and power. Then if any $$ left get a better clutch and mod drive train. Best of luck.. an AOS, oil cooler, plugs, etc.. might be good prevention add ins as well.

·
Master linguitist
10,038 Posts
That's all dandy until you learn the hard way the high pressure fuel pump doesn't support e85, is crazy expensive, and the use of e85 burns it up.

Also, you'll hardly mitigate knock with a front or top mount. It may in a stretch make a difference but a properly tuned vehicle isn't going to knock anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
a better intercooler and fueling options will definitely help, and yes the tune is key. Correct, full E85 is not recommended, yet Flex fuel goes a long way with this car, e50 e60.. There are 2 options for a hpfp and the IBR one is just 300..

Btw I'm running the IBR unit and currently building FA24DIT running on a M142 Motec with auxiliary port injection, 1000hp rated turbo, XShift sequential STI trans. I was @ 500whp on the FA20DIT and never had fueling issues with the stock unit. By Subibro standards you would call mine stage4 or whatever that means. My FA20DIT is a built closed deck, yet wanted more lower end torque and a wider power band. Car is a rallyX open class fwi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
killadawg
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing