ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where i can get uppipe/downpipe/catback install around here? I was thinking about buying the parts myself cuz i can find them kinda cheap online and was wondering if anyone around here will install it if i paid them. Or if anyone here has done their own exhaust system how hard would it be for a beginner with a little bit of skills in working with cars to do it themselves.:confused:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
It's not a difficult install, if I were sticking around, I'd offer you a hand. I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out though if you ordered it and needed some help. Otherwise I've heard good things about Bud's muffler on Santa Fe in Denver, so you could always go custom.

Edit: Just saw up pipe. Run for your life! That's not a fun installation. :p

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Many people here have done their own up-pipe/downpipe installs so someone might be able to help out.

For the exhaust, many people have recommended Bud's Muffler in Denver. I haven't used them but have heard good things about them. I *think* they would also do install of the up-pipe/downpipe as well.

EDIT: What she said^^^^:D

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If you are worried about installing it your self I can do it for you for a small fee. Or if you want to learn I can show you how everything is done. I'm not sure when I will have time to do it, or even help out, so thats the biggest problem.
MCL

·
Registered
714 Posts
STIBungy said:
I can walk you through the install but anytime after tomorrow, I'll be a 1 armed bandit for a while.
Having your shoulder fixedededed?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much for all the advice. I will begin to plan when to purchase the exhaust system. Thanks for all the offers on helping me i might have to take you guys up on some of those offers :tongue:

·
Registered
225 Posts
DjChopstix said:
Anyone know where i can get uppipe/downpipe/catback install around here? I was thinking about buying the parts myself cuz i can find them kinda cheap online and was wondering if anyone around here will install it if i paid them. Or if anyone here has done their own exhaust system how hard would it be for a beginner with a little bit of skills in working with cars to do it themselves.:confused:
If you would like a professional install at a reasonable price, my friend Jayson is a master tech. at Burt Subaru. I can PM you his contact info if you would like. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have another question. If i were to have a modded exhaust system would i have to change the parts back to stock if i were to need to go in for schedule maintnance? Because if they were to find out i have modded part wouldn't that void my warranty?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
It sux to change back and forth from stock. They can not "void" your warranty, but if the mods cause the problem they will hand you a bill. You have to remember they can't fix problems you caused for free. If you are sracied to pay for things to get fix, leave your car stock till your warranty is over. They will try everything to get out of warranty work.
MCL

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WickedRydaX said:
It sux to change back and forth from stock. They can not "void" your warranty, but if the mods cause the problem they will hand you a bill. You have to remember they can't fix problems you caused for free. If you are sracied to pay for things to get fix, leave your car stock till your warranty is over. They will try everything to get out of warranty work.
MCL
I see what u are saying but i was asking if i went in for an oil change or alignment or something, will they make a note of the mods i have made to my car? Cause if they don't then if a problem arises i will just go back to stock to get the car fix under warranty. But if the dealer does make a record that i modded my car i will just not go to the dealership to get the oil change, fluids, etc.

·
Registered
685 Posts
This is a very good time for you to learn how to do your own maintenance. A hefty (plan on $100) down payment on tools, jackstands and jack now will leave you happier, (and a sense of self-accomplishment that is priceless) and richer later. The less time you have to drop your car at the dealership and have them "find problems" the better off you are.

There are enough people with garages/driveways around here that even if you live in a nazi-fied apartment complex, you can still do your own work. My driveway is always open (if you're in the Springs) to do your own maintenance.

-Greg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Aye im with etchy 100%. In the 4 wheeling community we always had a saying that a Rig/jeep is built, not bought.

You got very little respect if you paid someone to do basic installs on your rig.

The vast majority of people are perfectly capable of doing most work on cars. Be it radiator installs, exhaust, etc.

Really the only time i don't mess around is when it involves tranny internals or engine internals. Then i leave it to a pro.

Of course i did install the locker in my rear diff on the jeep so thats a little hypocritical lol.

Regardless. Hop by sears and look at one of their 100+ piece tool sets, then pick up a floor jack and 4 jack stands and you should be set to do most anything you could need on your rex.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll proly start doin my own maintence cause i already invested in all the tools and jacks and jackstands. But the original question just for the record, do they keep track of whether u have modifications on your car if u go in for maintence?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I don't believe they do/will. I have had absolutely no problems with anyone saying anything about my limited mods. I wouldn't be too worried about minor mods like exhaust, etc. Major mods like bigger turbo might bring you a lot more problems. It's hard to say an exhaust caused a problem with the motor but it is easy to say a turbo caused a problem. It all depends on the mod.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts