ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of info on diff mods people are tossing on their Rex's, and form what I gather, I've put a list below of some good 1st mods.

- uppipe/downpipe
* this is my 1st turbo car and i know little in general of cars, but iam assuming the uppipe and down pipe r ahead of the cat in the exhaust system.

- a lot of people recommended suspension/braking mods 1st...

- turbo Timer has been recommended merely as a piece of mind upgrade

- turbo guage to know where my turbo is working

- Blow-Off valve:: not necessary yet

- Engine Management::not sure what this means...but i guess htat meands i have to search

- InterCooler::not needed yet until I do the exhaust

Ok, so are most of the MODS available for the '05s yet????????

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Most, if not all, mods for '02-'04 Rexes will also work on '05s. BOV/intercooler aren't necessary to change out unless you're going big time with a new turbo, etc. Engine management is a great idea, so are suspension/brake upgrades.

The uppipe has a single cat in it, and the downpipe (when including the whole assembly) has 2 cats in it. Just replacing those with aftermarket catless units will provide meaty gains.

Turbo timer is not necessary; just a "fun" mod if you're mostly stock. Boost gauge is a good idea.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Keep in mind if you plan on putting a nice security system on the car, some models come with turbo timer functionality.
Spend the turbo timer money on something else for now. ;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
pjdwrx said:

Spend the turbo timer money on something else for now. ;)
Start with full exhaust... including UP/DP. BOV is fun to have. Also run a search for "intake silencer removal".

Get some rims and tires. Lower the car. Also do a search for "MBC" or "boost controll"

this should help ya some ;)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
UP & DP good idea, gutting your UP is free

definately rims/tires to help with stopping/handling. new car, you shouldnt need to worry about brakes yet. new springs can help for bling and handling.

engine management basically readjusts your ECU to accomodate for the changes in your system from replacing UP/DP/CB

its pretty important to have if you want your car to run at peak performance.

a boost gauge is good idea

timer is not necessary if you properly cool down your car before shutting off. (read: take it easy the last few miles before destination)

BOV is more bling but up to you reall. at least go with hybrid vs fully atmospheric

welcome to our world.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Iron_Armz said:
gutting UP is free?
Free, but no one said easy.

1)Remove stock uppipe.
2)Chisel out exising cat
3)Reinstall
4)Address CEL problem you may have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts