Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see what everyone else is running that decided not to go the Unichip or Stand-alone route. I'm thinking of people with combos of: HKS AVC/A'PEXi S-AFRs and HKS Fuel Cut Defensers with MSD ignition/timing controllers. This the path that I was contemplating. Again, I'm shooting for the exclusivity route, even though these are common applications. Also, any additional input on the Greddy E-manage system might be nice to know about. And since I mentioned exclusivity, any info on the AVO/MoTec Japan M4 (stand-alone), INTEGRAL TRECS, TECHTOM Tuning Computer, Climax CPU, KS KS-ROM, Mine's VC-ROM, or HKS F-CON would be nice to know about as well. Thanks in advance!

B

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
XS Engineering was using a APEXi S-AFC until shortly after the installation of the IHI VF22 turbo, where they found that the S-AFC could no longer provide sufficient fuel increase. I'm guessing that as long as you remain with a stock turbo, you'll have no problems with piggybacks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I always that that the AFC could handle a turbo upgrade with bigger injectors. I wonder is the HKS AVC could handle a VF 22 since it's got a few more setting options...what did XS go with on the VF 22 for controlling the air/fuel mixture?

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
I ran my car for 38,000 miles with Stock ECU, Apexi SAFC, HKS EVC IV, VF23 with Scooby sport downpipe into 2.5" exhaust ....no problems :)

Andy...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yah.. u can use an AFC with larger injectors. It's been done before. No big surprises to worry about.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Andy-

Thanks for the info man! But what did you go with after the 38k miles? Just curious...

Weasel 555 said:
I ran my car for 38,000 miles with Stock ECU, Apexi SAFC, HKS EVC IV, VF23 with Scooby sport downpipe into 2.5" exhaust ....no problems :)

Andy...

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
206WRX,
I went with the prodrive ecu ;) since its based off of the stock ecu apart from the Fuel maps and Torque curves are more aggressive :)

I had the car dynoed at Pruven performance in Ct....so i could get some figures etc...and also to fine tune the SAFC :)

The nice about this ecu / upgrade is if i ever install any other engine mods i just have to disconnect the negative battery terminal depress the brake pedal ....then add the new mod and then reattach the negative ...and off i go
plug n play .....no trauma ;)

http://www.totalsubaruperformance.com/main/main.html

here's there website above ...

Andy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts