Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'll give ya another bump. Where you been Dream? Haven't had a reply to this thread in awhile..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow

A month and a half with no answers!?! Ouch.

Anyway, here is all I know . . .

I bought my car from Scott Putnam at Bloomington Subaru. He assured me that they are indeed a mod friendly dealer. He said that several mechanics have rex's and have mods themselves. Why they don't visit this sight I can't say. Also, I have no first hand experience with these guys either as I have no mods on my car (yet).

Anyway, thats what I know.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, thats where I bought my REX from. I also brought my RSX there for warrenty service and they never said anything about my mods. Thanks for the info!:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I talked to the guy at Xtreme Import Performance over on Rice St. in St. Paul. He said they can do basic upgrades like exhaust and suspension, but they can't do any dedicated work on the engine. Also, no dyno. They said the closest would be Chicago or Colorado (?!?).

Anyway, keep this thread up. Maybe we should have an install day here in the Twin Cities?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dyno

OMG! I have been a member longer than Dream and EMarkDDS and only have 22 posts!?:confused: I gotta stop working so much at work and get on the boards!

Anyway,

Three is a dyno locally but its only a 2wd:

HiTech Motorsports
13915 Radium St
Ramsey, MN 55303

I have a buddy of a buddy with a cam-air-oh that went there.
I am pretty sure I have heard of one in the Chicago-land area. I suppose one of us could do a search.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
EMarkDDS said:
I talked to the guy at Xtreme Import Performance over on Rice St. in St. Paul. He said they can do basic upgrades like exhaust and suspension, but they can't do any dedicated work on the engine. Also, no dyno. They said the closest would be Chicago or Colorado (?!?).

Anyway, keep this thread up. Maybe we should have an install day here in the Twin Cities?
Yes, good plan. I would love for all of us to get together some time, it would be a good time. As for the awd dyno, I heard over at mnsportcompact.com that there was a place here in the Twin Cities that does awd dyno's now. Ill do some research and see what I can come up with.

-edit- Just did a search,came up with this place.
Minnesota

Paul Jensen
JenSpeed
200 Main Street
Manchester, MN 56007-5000
(507) 826-3666
(507) 826-3777 fax
www.jenspeed.com

Just sent them a email asking if they had a awd dyno, ill keep ya'll posted

;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't know if you guys are interested but I went to Detroit to have my car dyno tuned. Anyway it is a shorter drive to MI than CO.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I checked with a few shops in town about installing an Eibach Pro-Kit. 8 hours labor @ $75-80/hr=:eek: :eek: :eek:

An install day would be a great idea IMHO.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EMarkDDS said:
I checked with a few shops in town about installing an Eibach Pro-Kit. 8 hours labor @ $75-80/hr=:eek: :eek: :eek:

An install day would be a great idea IMHO.
Geeeesh:eek: :rolleyes: I have a friend that will do for WAY cheaper than that!

·
Registered
105 Posts
a couple items

1. I would be interested in an install day. I have nothing to install but can follow instructions and/or help out. Taking other peoples cars apart is great experience:D .

2. Its hard to tell how many Minnesotans (or western Wisconsin folks) are lurking around. Has anyone done a role call thread?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: a couple items

EWRX said:
1. I would be interested in an install day. I have nothing to install but can follow instructions and/or help out. Taking other peoples cars apart is great experience:D .

2. Its hard to tell how many Minnesotans (or western Wisconsin folks) are lurking around. Has anyone done a role call thread?
Nope, I think you should start one:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow, one of the oldest threads I've seen!?

My buddy has a moded WRX and he always takes it to Bloomington Subaru. He doesn't even dump his cobb AP stage 2 before going in for service, they've been very cool. If anyone ever needs basic things done like suspension I can help or do it much cheaper. I love working on the WRX.

I bought my Prokit through MAS (Midwest Auto Salon). Never had any work done there, but I've been told they are pretty good and reasonable. they were going to charge 300 or so for the suspension work, but I wanted to do it myself....4 hours later I had a clean install! (no help, solo mission).

anyway, just wanted to say hi. I't cool to see MN (twin cities people and their rex's). If you see my car in the southwest suburbs give a honk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts