ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally did it. I broke down and decided to go all in. I bought the AP,Downpipe and sf intake off of srtsamb. And to my surprise for now i guess my mod bug itch is over.. I cant wait to get everything on and working. Is there any point in the modding for you guys when you actually feel content with what you have done and are ready to stop? or is it just an ongoing build and process for everyone? lol. For once im actually pleased and ready to stop for a while. so i think. haha:)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
It will become normal to you and you'll want more (like the stock car is to you now). Some people can control themselves, some can't. It can turn out to be an expensive lesson.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
That didn't take too long lol.

I'm at the same point that you are (or will be) with those mods. I find the power to be more than enough and I am personally very content with it. I'd really like to get a protune, but it's not needed right now. My car runs great with Cobb's OTS tune.

I find myself more and more now wanting to do suspension upgrades. The thing with modding is that you can do the simplest little thing like swapping to LED bulbs to a full on motor build and anywhere in between. I guess it all comes down to how much you want and what you can afford. I think that I'm done for a while now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That didn't take too long lol.

I'm at the same point that you are (or will be) with those mods. I find the power to be more than enough and I am personally very content with it. I'd really like to get a protune, but it's not needed right now. My car runs great with Cobb's OTS tune.

I find myself more and more now wanting to do suspension upgrades. The thing with modding is that you can do the simplest little thing like swapping to LED bulbs to a full on motor build and anywhere in between. I guess it all comes down to how much you want and what you can afford. I think that I'm done for a while now.
Yeah thats my problem.. Im constantly seeing all these little things like interior bulbs fog light bulbs just little things now that bug me and i think man i'll do that since its only a few dollars but the stuff really adds up quick. I know when i go stage 2 i'll probably be finished for a while. thats about all i want to push for now. seems to me like that would be enough unless i do suspension like you said

·
Registered
127 Posts
When I purchased my wrx a month or two ago, the seller had already done a number of [in my opinion] tasteful mods to it that I have been very pleased with - Invidia N1, AEM cai, stg. 2, HIDs, short shifter, sways & bushings, strut brace, rally armor flaps, etc. I assume that they were all things I would have done anyways in the long run, but I don't see myself going to crazy in the near future with anything else. Just trying to track down that infamous hatch lid rattle right now...

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
If there is beer and blues music I will show up and help mod a car no questions no worries.

Not my car though!

I'm not against modifying as long as I don't have to own the car.

The most interesting mods to me are chassis mods, because they can dramatically affect vehicle dynamics and most motors already make adequate power. I'll help with anything though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Damn you! I wanted to pick up that intake from him lol. Have fun with the car :thumbup:

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I entered into both of my WRX purchases with no intention to mod. Double fail.

I felt like Stage 1 and 2 mods on my WRX's have been justified, because they actually smoothed out the powerband over stock...at least in my experience. I'm a smooth operator.

I have no justification for a hybrid build, so I won't offer one. :rotfl:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn you! I wanted to pick up that intake from him lol. Have fun with the car :thumbup:
haha thanks you have no idea how many times ive tried to get stuff like this and failed because someones beat me to the punch lol but thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I entered into both of my WRX purchases with no intention to mod. Double fail.

I felt like Stage 1 and 2 mods on my WRX's have been justified, because they actually smoothed out the powerband over stock...at least in my experience. I'm a smooth operator.

I have no justification for a hybrid build, so I won't offer one. :rotfl:
and yeah i tried justifying everything i was doing to my wife but she didnt get it.. she griped about everything ive done so far so i had to start telling her this mod helps the previous one and i needed this part to make that one work... needless to say she doesnt really understand that their for power and performance.. I just told her their good for the car haha:rotfl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts