ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put it in at 3750. everything seems to be running a bit smoother. I'd recommend it.

Kira...I notice you're jonesing for Mobil1 in your signature. The Walmart on Wadsworth off of 6th did a full change for me, including the oil, for $30. Just watch them the whole time and make sure they do it right ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Scary as it sounds, I've had pretty good luck with Wal-Mart oil changes. I mean, you can't pick up a box of oil and a filter for much less than what the cost of the full service oil change is at Wal-Mart.

$27 for the Mobil 1 Synthetic service. Yep, I'm lazy.

·
5,799 Posts
Yep, I went with Wal-Mart for quite a while. The only reason I started going to Grease Monkey and paying nearly twice as much is that it's much more convenient for me (just a few blocks from where I work). The Wal-Mart near my home sometimes has a 2 or 3 hour wait on oil changes at weekends!!

As Jay said, their price is barely more than if you buy the oil and take it home to change it.

-Pace

·
Registered
43 Posts
a really good place for an oil change is The Wave of 92nd and Wads for $40 you get a full service and a free full service car wash

tom

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I've been getting mine done at Burt Subaru since I have some free oil change coupons there. Mobil 1 makes my free oil change $24, but I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It's nice to know that Walmart is so cheap. I took my baby to the grease monkey by my house. It was Sunday and every other place I went to was closed. I might have to check out the Walmart when time comes around again. I am lazy too. Plus, I have no clue where I could go dump the oil if I was to do it myself. My lack of $ is making me think twice about going someplace to have it changed. My hubby uses mobil1 also and it starts to add up.

Thanks for the 411

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
A lot of auto parts stores will take your used oil in for recycling. Checker for sure.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Anybody know if the Walmarts on Hampden & Yosemite or the one in Aurora just up the street from Best Buy do this oil change?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Guess I am the only one that does my own Mobil 1 oil changes. I am to picky to let anyone else work on my ride. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
The bad thing about Wal-mart is the long wait, but the price is definitely good. Does anyone know where you can get some mobil1 oil for cheap?

Hector

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Wow I can't believe so many of you are coming out of the closet and exposing your quick oil change place usage.
Good for you get it off you chest it's not a dirty little secret anymore!;)

BTW I go to Wal-Mart too:D

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Yes the Walmart on Hampden and Yosemite does do oil changes and You can pick up a 5qt jug of mobil 1 5w30 full syn for $18 dollars. Just so you know. I bought mine last night and doing the oil change tonight after work. I would much rather do it myself than have some tool forget something in the process. It has happened before.they forgot to put the cap to the powersterring pump back on.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why in the world did they have the cap off your power steering pump??

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
probaly cause they were checking the fluids and they set the cap down inside the engine on something, looked away and didnt put it back on. I did find the cap it was lodged between the firwall and the engine. good thing I didnt want to buy a new one. that is just one of the many little problems I have incountered when I have taken any of my cars in for service.

I am that guy that will stand there and watch them. Cant trust all mechanics. (unfortanilty)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts