ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions? not interested in buying the entire mounting hardware kit. just need 4 standoffs. i believe the size of the standoff is 30mm with a thread size of M3? does anyone know if thats right?

can the UTEC and ECU be mounted flush together or does the UTEC need to be raised up off of the ECU?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...

·
Registered
413 Posts
My guess for the stand off's are so they can disspate heat like 2 harddrives on top of each other is bad.

You can always take the stand offs to a store that sells bolts and use their fitting boards. Home depot and Lowes both have one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres the best ive come up with so far....get a longer bolt and use enough nuts stacked up on the bolt to raise the utec up above the ecu

but..that will only work on two of the mounting points....theres already screws in place on the utec that want to screw into something (ie the standoffs i dont have) if i could get these two screws off the utec, that would help...havnt figured out how they come out yet.

i found this site www.mcmaster.com that sells standoffs but i have no idea which standoffs to order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took two days but ive got it all figured out
www.mcmaster.com
part #93655A114
4 for 7.00 dollars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts