ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling down Hwy 1 South entering Aptos, CA. i was pacing myself as break-in period still weighs heavily on my mind.

You: a formidable wolf in sheep's clothing. a Red 2010 or 2011 debadged WRX or possible STi trotting along at an easy speed with your mud flaps flailing in the wind and chrome turbo-back exhuast glistening with an extraordinary rumble.

Me: a naive new comer with obvious lack of knowledge i was crowding your turf. My Wrally Blue vehicle with barely 600 miles

You recognize the headlights in your rear view mirror which prompts you to swiftly change lanes to the right allowing me to catch up. You view my car with a huge smile, bearing what i assumed was an accepting gesture. I smile back not realizing your smile was not in good-faith. It was to bare those wolf like fangs that accentuated the power of your vehicle as it instantly rose to 90 mph without stutter. I follow you in suit expecting a thrill of the chase, but I only experience the bittersweet realization that this was not a friendly game of cat and mouse. This was a beat down. The show of sheer strength and agility to put me to shame.

You take off at an impressive speed. I attempt to follow in pursuit but am held back by my car's inability and my frontal lobe's constant reminder, "4,000 RPMs..."

Your car is impressive sir. I cant wait to have the opportunity to challenge it. a true challenge. Not the T-ball player in a Major League game that occurred this evening. Next time we meet, I hope to leave a bigger impression than i've left today.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
*sigh*

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the concern sir. I can assure you street racing is not my game. Slight exhibition of ability, yes. Car has never gone above 90 and thats the way it will stay on the road. If anything I am awe struck by the WRX's potential. I have been reading a lot in the Builds Forum and am very anticapitory for getting a weekend warrior for some track time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts