ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm dealing with an 04 STI. Check engine codes appears to be...
p0011-Canshaft sensor bank 1 over advance timing
p301-cylinder 1 misfire
p303-cylinder 3 misfire

I replaced my sparkplugs 2 weeks prior to this problem with ngk 7 series plugs.
Checked all my coils by unpluging the harness to each one. I even replaced 2 of them on the passenger side which "should" be cylinder 1 and 3...still have the problem. Bought 1 brand new cam shaft position sensor and replaced the passengerside, and still misfiring...even switched the new sensor to the other side on the driverside to see if it was the other side of my motor...still doesnt work. Sea foamed my engine to see if my injectors would clean out...I'm out of ideas and im hoping its not bent valves cause

Before the problem, I only smashed my car to 4,500 rpm from 1st to second to third. I was a little low on oil about 2 qts. that day

NEed HELP!! PLZ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So...I tired taking off the filter in the oil line and that pretty much didnt do anything. any other help? as of right now I have p0011, p0301, p0303 codes on

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Reset the ECU and see if the codes come back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
make sure the timing belt isnt missing any teeth. that can cause the cam shaft code and also cause a misfire (just a thought)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
How many miles are on the car? Any mods, or is it stock?

Have you used those plugs before, or is this the first time?

2 quarts isn't a "little low on oil." That's almost 1/2 empty. I'd start to get into the practice of checking your oil a little more regularly. Even given the fact these cars tend to burn oil due to the flat design and being a turbo, it should take at least 4-5k miles to lose that much oil, and even then you're burning a lot of oil at that rate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i was on alldata and for code p011 it said to inspect the following items and repair or replace if necessary...

*engine oil (amount,contamination)
*oil pipe clog
*variable valve timing solenoid valve (clog or contamination in oil passage, settling at spring, stuck at valve)
*intake camshaft (sludge, damage at camshaft)
*timing belt (timing mark alignment)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts