Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a while since my check engine light has turned on and told me it was misfire on cylinder 3. I fixed it by changing the Spark plugs and its been running great.

But as I was running my car through the wash (I work at a car wash so I regularly clean it) I drove out and my check engine light turned on again. It wasn't lurching back and forth like before and felt fine when driving it.

I do have a lightened Flywheel, which I hear might be the problem..

Anyone know how to go about with this problem? Should i take it to the shop to get everything tested like compression, etc?

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,756 Posts
I mean it can't hurt it's only 120-150 bucks from what I've seen. There is a misfire thread around you should read through and see if anything strikes you as possible.

I would start by swapping the coil to another cylinder and seeing if it follows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Switched my coils and still wasn't having a problem. Also cleaned my MAF Sensor. But engine light went away. Maybe it was my lightened flywheel throwing a code

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,756 Posts
Did you check with a feeler gauge, wire, or one of the rings. Platinum and iridium plugs are really sensitive and can break easily if you use one of the ring/ wedge types

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.