Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw a P0301 code cylinder 1 misfire. I changed the plugs & ran a few bottles of injector cleaner through the tanks & i always run premium.....but its still happening . I did look at the coil packs & (i think 1 is passenger front & 3 is passenger back correct ?) the 2 passenger side ones 1& 3 i think , the thin metal plates were rusted & starting to spread apart a bit.....does this mean they are toast or on their way out & should be replaced ? or is there another thing that i should be looking at ?

thanks in advance for any info , help or suggestions

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
If they are separating I’d replace them.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
A couple things:

1) I am a believer in Seafoam. It got rid of my P0420 code. I'd try that. The bottle that goes into the gas
tank seemed to work better than the spray bottle put into the intake tract.

2) I recently had the coil on my GMC van go bad. I did not see separation of the plates but I did see separation
of the outermost plate to the epoxy potting compound and while I cranked the engine I could see arcing in
that gap. Van would not start is why I was looking at this. I replaced the coil and no more arcing and the
van started right up. Misfires could certainly be an early warning of a coil going bad.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts