ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They are molding in my spoiler!! should be done be next week! Sorry about the ugly pics! They decided to cut the spoiler & mold it back together after its in place, they couldnt get it to lay flat. Also gonna shave the trunk key hole.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Should look good, this wasn't one of the replicas was it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well to answer all the questions: This is the group buy replica. I would have been upset If I didnt have the stock spoiler but since I had to fill the stock spoiler holes anyway why not go all out & get it molded.

wake2snow5: This is a small shop & they take there sweet time doing stuff but he charged me 350.00. Not too bad, I think. BTW I too have the EGR kit,so if you get the mines we will be the same...but different

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Damn, that's going to look nice! :thumbup:

Off Topic:
Today I heard someone pronounce "Mines" as "me-ness/niss" :confused:
I've always pronounced it just like it sounds: "mine" with an "s" at the end.
Can anyone confirm the correct pronounciation?

(Sorry for using your thread, artdog. I didn't want to clutter up the boards with a new thread for this question)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CKxx said:
What kind of wheels are those?
18" Flix wheels, they look sharp when they are clean.

I stopped in for another inspection, looking good so far, Ill keep my fingers crossed & post when its done!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
that is alot of work just to save money on a replica.... how much are the real ones? i saw a CF one on vividracing's site for like $599, but you cant trust their prices.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
yeah but this one is gonna be molded to the trunk once its done, meaning the trunk and lip are going to be all one seamless piece, which is really nice.
thats what i think is happening, at least.
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Wrinkleboi said:
yeah but this one is gonna be molded to the trunk once its done, meaning the trunk and lip are going to be all one seamless piece, which is really nice.
thats what i think is happening, at least.
o-|-<) bryan
oh. cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had the replica fit flat I probably would have just stuck it on there with double stick tape but If it someone stole it or it flew off I would be pissed. They said the real one was not laying super flat anyway so why pay 600.00 then have the same fitment issue. Since I would have to pay to fill in the OEM wing holes anyway why not go all the way. Plus they are going to fill in the key hole & put a trunk popper in it. I will be set all at once!

The trunk & spoiler will be one peice, the black paint shows where they are adding a little curve to the bottom edge.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
pics i've seen of the replica do not show it laying flush, nice and tight ot the car. looks like it's stuck on b/c of the gaps.

it's part of the pain of fibreglas.

·
Registered
882 Posts
blah, i got one but I don't want it molded cuz it looks better if you can tell it's a spoiler. but then people can pull it off if it's just stuck on by tape. dang, what to do.

·
Registered
156 Posts
yeah i kinda like it so that you can tell its an add-on piece. but it looks rad either way. still lookin for a wingless trunk so i can get started on mine :sadwave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts