Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious what ppl would do. If you had a million dollars, say you won it in the lottery. What would you buy or would you save it?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would get out of debt!:mad:
THEN I would pay off my car! Use it as my all season daily driver (After bringing the HP up to about 350 or so!)
THEN I would buy a house (cause society says that at 25 I should be a responsible home owning adult [I think])
THEN I would open my own BAR!!! w00t! I love the liquor:p

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Wow....I think I'd do the same thing as campbell. Except it would be a club.....with lots of hot women. And t-bills....lots of t-bills.

·
349 Posts
A club sounds cool... but i would probably spend all my money on traveling to different rally courses and rally schools all over the world. Been a dream for many years...And since i'll probably have alot left over I'll buy whoever wins the "funniest clubwrx.net member" a nice hooker and a happy meal... how bout that?

Maybe a 360 modena too...

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
campbell said:
THEN I would pay off my car! Use it as my all season daily driver (After bringing the HP up to about 350 or so!)
THEN I would buy a house (cause society says that at 25 I should be a responsible home owning adult [I think])
Nice plans, but a million doesnt go that far. Atleast around here.
For a crappy ass house on queen ann, itll cost ya 400 thou.

What I would do is buy 40 wrx's.

·
1,379 Posts
Pay off student loans and car loans
Buy a house (you can get a nice house on some land for $200k in SC!)
Invest the rest, use the interest to supplement my income. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
You can get a decent house where I live for 100k or less. On 15 acres of land no less. I don't need anything extravagent. I'd get out of debt, sock some away for kid's college fund, remodel the house (or buy one out in the country so I can have my horses at home), then try to help out the parents and In-laws and brothers a little.

But, sadly, it will never happen to me...:(

·
Registered
907 Posts
the odds of winning is like me saying "go out to that beach and find the exact grain of sand in MY mind".

;)

PS. I would pay off my loans and spoil my family ridiculously...then ill spoil myself with an imported Skyline GTR34 and Lamborghini Murcielago. then i would buy my grandmother some new teeth. and last, i would buy a neon sign saying "will pay for sex"

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'd invest half in something and make some good money off intrest to help pay for mods. Then buy a 911 GT2 and a STI. Get a nice house and home theater setup. And the front yard would be huge so I could put a mini rally course on my front yard. Thats about it.

I liked the idea of going to rally's and rally schools, that would be fun to do as well. Or the other idea someone had of 40 wrx's you can setup your own rally school then :)

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
campbell said:
that's funny, I'D DO THE EXACT SAME THING.

dR

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
$1,000,000 eh?

Buy myself a few really nice cars, buy a small house on a huge lot of land. Buy a couple of bobcats and sculpt!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
lambosv21 said:
two chicks at the same time
That's funny...I don't remember needing one million dollars for that :D

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
lambosv21 said:
two chicks at the same time
LOL Office Space rules!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'ld give a dollar to a million poor citizens.

or...buy a house, invest the rest (which would mean I would have 200-300k left after buying a house here), and make more money with it.

or I'ld give a dollar to a million strangers.

-LostLamb

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would pay off my car loan on my wrx, buy a tahoe, and a really nice sony wega tv probably a bose surround sound, I'd buy a cute little house in the town I live in, and save the rest because I want to have a large family so I think having 5 babies will allow for that!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
If I had a million dollars, I would pay somebody to make my brother stop being such a nerd....the rest would be invested (of course...everyone invests).

If I had one WISH however, that would be a whole other bag of tricks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
A $Million bucks doesn't go far these days, and worst if its in Australian Dollars!

A 2 bedroom apartment is Sydney would cost you close to $1 Million dollars, and I'm not talking about anything fancy either.

But I would definitely use it to finish doing up my Rex, and pay off all current debts doing up my car has cost.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Aust-WRX said:
A $Million bucks doesn't go far these days, and worst if its in Australian Dollars!

A 2 bedroom apartment is Sydney would cost you close to $1 Million dollars, and I'm not talking about anything fancy either.

But I would definitely use it to finish doing up my Rex, and pay off all current debts doing up my car has cost.

whoa, that is crazy a 2 bedroom for a million? I feel for you guys!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts