ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to this on Fri, Sat, or Sun? I have never been down to watch drag racing like this so is it worth the $35?

Are tickets easy to come by the day of the event or do I need to get them early if I am going to go?

·
5,799 Posts
Bring sunscreen and earplugs. Once of those little battery powered fans is a good idea. We were there last year, and track temperatures were well in excess of 100 degrees. It was fun for a while but the heat was miserable and definitely compromised the experience.

-Pace

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the simple little foam earplugs enough to make things bearable or do I need something better? I can always hear them from my house when they are in town.:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
mike270 said:
Any recommendations for some earplugs that will keep me from going deaf in two hours?
anything from the little foam things you stuff in your ears to the the big ear muff things will keep you from going def

my dad owns several napa stores so diffrent compnays we buy parts from usally give us free tickets for tower seats thats the best its air conditioned and they bring in subsandwitches and free pop and water

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
svc said:
I'll go, but I'm not sure which day I can. Do you know what time it starts?
Based on the ticketmaster site, Fri, Sat and Sun all start at 3:00pm. I don't know if that is just the big racers starting then or if they have some slower racers before that.:confused:

·
5,799 Posts
In-the-ear plugs worked ok for me unless you are standing right next to the track, in which case I had to cup my hands over my ears also. These are the molded orange earplugs that you can get from the pharmacy at places like Kroger, and are made by Howard Leight. They are the highest rated in-ear plugs at -33db (I use them for streetbike riding).

The yellow foam cylindrical plugs do not work as well and I wouldn't trust them for spectating top-fuel dragsters.

-Pace

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll be up there bright and early Sunday morning with an 8 year old and a 10 year old (neighbor kids). It should be pretty fun.

Tim

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im weighing the options:
Going deaf from cars
or
Sit home and do nothing
Hmmm.....sounds good, anyone else down?
BTW Im willing to meet up, I hate driving myself

1 - 19 of 19 Posts