ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i might be selling my baby :sadwave: i am headed in to the navy soon and i dont want to park her at my dads house for a few years. its a great car, fun to take to the track. last time i was ther i ran a 14.9 and my kit is only on 6psi. the car weighs 2689 with me in it. i have been to most of the drives and seen some of you up at the track so most of you have seen the car and also told me how loud it is :D the kit was made by PDM and they did a great job on it, no matter what any one says about them lol. the car stock is worth $3,390 and ther are lots of mods. so here it is.
96 impreza LX AWD
5spd
2.2L
206,108 miles

TD04
TMIC with ic sprayer
light weight pullys
STi short shifter
3'' turbo back/catless
(newer tranny) only 110,000 miles on it, with BG tranny fluid in it
turbo lagecy breaks front and back (brand new pads)
brand new all season tires only 89 miles on them
stage 1 clutch master with light weight fly wheel
stage 1 ECU
STi tranny mount
more i just can think of right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
How does that STi short shifter work for you... :confused1 I'm getting mine installed along with Cusco bushings and PDM shifter hopefully on Weds... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i love it, i dont feel like i am grabing for the moon any more :thumbup: i know you need boost john come on you know you want it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Be sure when installing the new bushings that you dont overtigheten the nut on the bolt that holds in the bushings. Use like 15 lbs of torque MAX, i messed up and now have to go to subawoo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
dw_wrx_sti said:
Be sure when installing the new bushings that you dont overtigheten the nut on the bolt that holds in the bushings. Use like 15 lbs of torque MAX, i messed up and now have to go to subawoo
I'm not doing it myself silly... :p I'm having Tarmac do everything for me... ;) I did think about doing it myself though... ;)

Scrappy,
I am thinking about it! How much are you looking to get for it... :confused1 I only have around $2500 to spend... I know what your thinking. Your thinking, "that's it!!!" Hey, I'm a poor college kid. I suppose I might be interested though. However, it is not a wagon sissy... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blueslsti said:
I'm not doing it myself silly... :p I'm having Tarmac do everything for me... ;) I did think about doing it myself though... ;)

Scrappy,
I am thinking about it! How much are you looking to get for it... :confused1 I only have around $2500 to spend... I know what your thinking. Your thinking, "that's it!!!" Hey, I'm a poor college kid. I suppose I might be interested though. However, it is not a wagon sissy... ;)
lol $2500 damn dude i gota more for my FWD 95 impreza L with a bad oil leak hahahahah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
What is the 'Stage 1 ECU'? Is that a custom PDM product?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,490 Posts
blueslsti said:
I'm not doing it myself silly... :p I'm having Tarmac do everything for me... ;) I did think about doing it myself though... ;)
Why not do it yourself? You can save the money for more mods and get to know more about your car? Its easy enough that even I was able to do it on my own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dizzy said:
What is the 'Stage 1 ECU'? Is that a custom PDM product?
it just let's you go past 105mph and retards the detonation. if any, i have never had it happend tho :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
mike270 said:
Why not do it yourself? You can save the money for more mods and get to know more about your car? Its easy enough that even I was able to do it on my own.
Really... :confused1 Wanna help me then... :confused1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,490 Posts
blueslsti said:
Really... :confused1 Wanna help me then... :confused1
I don't know what kind of time I am going to have this weekend right now. I also am assuming that your car won't be much different than mine but I don't know. I followed directions on scoobymods.com but I don't think there are directions for your car on there. Which shifter did you get? The subaru one with the whole linkage or just the shifter like kartboy?

Sorry for the hijack. PM me Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
crazycam31 said:
Have you ever had the car on the dyno??? If so what numbers corrected/uncorrected. Also, what MPH at the track?
at the track my top speed was 93mph for that 14.9 run, never had it on a dyno should be right around 210hp maybe more. i want to take to one as soon as i can and since that one just opened in lakewood maybe i will take it ther this week. i dident mean to put 260hp in my profile lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i might be selling the kit down the road, if i do you will be the first to know :thumbup:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top