Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do all 2003 and 2002 WRXs with spoiler ALSO have the interior 3rd brake light? I went to the dealer and all of their 2003s did, except for the sonic yellow showroom model (which I hear is ONLY available with the spoiler). I read somewhere that the 2003 models didnt have the interior light. It looks kind of dumb with the interior and the spoiler brake light, but looked sweet with the interior one out.

·
433 Posts
Yep, mine does. I disconnected it because it looks bloody stupid when both lights come on at the same time.

·
433 Posts
Yeah well.....my rex has more brake-lights than yours so NYAAAA!!!!!

That's good for at LEAST 25hp per light!

:p

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
CC-B has these so you can remove the rear brake light and cover the hole. $20

Shotgun

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2002 (all blaze yellows came with spoilers) had both - the interior light would glare off the spoiler - not safe IMHO.
So - simply disconnect the plug, take out two screws, and wa-la!
You can use a cover ($20 as posted above) or do like I did and just cut a cloth to fit. My windows are so dark no one knows what the back shelf looks like, anyway.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
MountainWRX said:
My 2002 (all blaze yellows came with spoilers) had both - the interior light would glare off the spoiler - not safe IMHO.
So - simply disconnect the plug, take out two screws, and wa-la!
You can use a cover ($20 as posted above) or do like I did and just cut a cloth to fit. My windows are so dark no one knows what the back shelf looks like, anyway.
well, i guess its just the sonic yellow 03s with no rear light :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
can anyone tell me where i can get one of these covers, i too have taken my light out but now i need something to fill the whole.

thanks!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you look in the trunk up at the deck lid (behind the back seats) there is a connector. very easy to tell which one it is since it is the only one going the the brake light (but it is white in color). just undo the one plug and it will no longer light up. as for removing it there are 2 10mm bolts that you have to take out along with one black plastic push tab that you have to push through after that you can just remove the piece from inside the car. takes like 5 minutes tops. if you need me to i can take pics when i get off work. feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
uptownWRX said:
can anyone tell me where i can get one of these covers, i too have taken my light out but now i need something to fill the whole.

thanks!!
Originally posted by ShotgunTC88
CC-B has these so you can remove the rear brake light and cover the hole. $20
Question by updtownWRX answered by ShotgunTC88 in a prior message.
Shotgun - who is CC-B ? Address (email or phone or ??).

·
Registered
23 Posts
ShotgunTC88 said:
Sorry guys, CC-B Automotive sells the 3rd brake light cover.
http://www.cc-b.com/
See if the above will work.
Shotgun
It do! Thank You !!
Wow - I'm faced with some weird looking taillights as soon as I open that page. I looks like those hunter/seeker robots from The Matrix with all the eyes staring at you.
I'm certainly not a fan of the morette rear lights !!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts