ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1016 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Detroit Rocks!!!

I was wondering if anyone was gonna start a thread like this, got me to stop lurking.

Blue, No spoiler, semi-Debadged. livin in Downriver.....

ne

·
Registered
71 Posts
well, i'm not in michigan, but i'm from windsor. From the factory i had the performance guage pack - that was my only option.

Right now i have a blitz dual dc tt bought from Godspeed. By next wednesday, i will have cusco anti-swaybars, rev-lab short shifter, rev-lab underdrive pulley, rev-lab rear endlinks (to go with swaybars).

my goal at the moment is 350 hp.

thuynh2

·
Registered
3 Posts
PRESENT

Hi all,
I'm from Macomb, MI. This is my first post to clubwrx, I never knew it existed. I guess I have been missing out. Well anyways, here's my story I picked up my Blue Wrx August 2001 from Hodges and I started looking into performance kits or pkgs. I found Turboxs, great company and I m happy to say they helped me achieve 350 hp (So I think). This is how, I purchased the stage 4 kit from www.turboxs.com (Check it out). I m very happy with it! I have the VF-30 Turbo, Upgraded ECU, K&N, Full exhaust with 4" downpipe, Blitz digital boost controller, RFL blow-off valve, upgraded fuel pump, upgraded fuel injectors, and my stage 4 clutch and 12 pound fly wheel go in this week, 7/10/02.
I currently drive with my boost set at about 13 psi's which is quite comfortable but when the opportunity arrives and some tough guy pulls up in his Camaro SS which there's alot of them, I just turn it up to 18 psi's and generally he's toast, unless he's got some major work done. My next project is to get rid of the gross neon headlights and start working on the exterior of the car enough performance.

If anyone meets, goes to the drag strip, gratiot, whatever around the Metro Detroit Area give me a email. I m looking to go with some subaru's to the drag strip soon to find out my 1/4 mile times. Im pretty sure I'm in the 12's, but I want to know for sure.

Take care all and beat down those Camaro/TA's and SVT Lightings!
Kurt
Email- [email protected] :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My g/f and I just got the Rex this past Friday. After one weekend, it is even better than I thought it would be.

I live in Northville, and she lives in Toledo, but were are both moving to Wayne, MI.

We are planning on going to Milan Dragway tomorrow to baseline the car, if anyone is interested in going. Yeah, I know all about the break-in period, but we've already put almost 600 miles on it, so she's not in that bad of shape.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's got to be more in MI. Come on, post here. Do it!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yo, from Grand Blanc

But i work in Ann Arbor.

Still pretty much stock because I'm saving up for a ring.
I have this board up all day at work...always wishing there were more MI activity.

Saw a blue WRX going south on the 23 yesterday (aroung 4:30)...I wanted to wave but all we managed at the freeway speeds (going opp directions) was just staring at each other. If you're here...Yo! nice Ride.

If Godspeed was open on weekends, I think that would be a cool spot to meet up...sorry Dan, don't mean to imply nothing (for anyone that don't know, my limited experience w/ him is that he's one hard-working busy guy (which I respect)).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,
I live in Sterling Heights, soon to be moving to Macomb Twp. and work in Troy. I drive a WRB WRX, have had it since early June. I love it. Stock for now but Cusco sway bars are on their way as I type. I am going to do suspension and cosmetic mods first because I dont want to deal with warranty issues just in case. If I see a fellow WRX'er i'll wave.

Peace

·
Registered
49 Posts
representing the west side

I'm in South Haven, just got the rex a few weeks ago in Kalamazoo. Silver Wagon, Blitz DCC TT, all the free mods, up-pipe next month.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent. Let's keep this going. Tell a friend. I'd like to organize a small meet sometime soon, so I may be e-mailing you later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm here in East Lansing with my Black WRX wagon. Since I'm probably the oldest one with a WRX (mid-life crisis?), the only changes to my stock wagon are taking off the orange sidelights and replacing them with carbon fiber Sti stickers from i-club vendor and eyelids (top and bottom) from Speed-fx (another i-club vendor).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all, i live in Harper woods, Mi. and have recently accuired a wrb WRX. No mods yet, although the first one is going to be the Scooby sport stage 1plus up/dp/exhaust and air filter. A freind of mine had installed this on his car and the performance boost and exhaust note are bolth very impressive, Unfortanetly he totaled his in a unfortate mishap up north ( Dont drink and drive ) anyway good to see fellow MI. wrxers.;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I live in Ann Arbor and work in Plymouth. I own a silver rex sedan with a few goodies. So far exterior wise I have OEM painted sideskirts, OEM front underspoiler, CF STi sidemarkers, steel gray Rota Tarmacs, Whiteline Springs, and an STi Version 6 wing. I've got a few engine mods, but the big fun stuff will be coming in the spring (UTEC, VF30, injectors, pump.... weeeeee!)

If you see me give me a wave :) Also, I'd definately be up for a meet of some sort

-Matt

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in Wixom, work in Ann Arbor. '02 Black Wagon. Completely stock at the moment, but I'm looking forward to exhaust & stereo upgrades. Any recomendations? I'm considering a Scooby Sport Stage I kit. Thoughts...suggestions?

E-

1 - 20 of 1016 Posts